Skip to content

New Loan Signing TBA at 1pm

Comments

• Looks like Wheeler and Kashket will be getting more starts than they were anticipating pre-season!

• We certainly do seem to have spent a bit of money this transfer window, presumably entirely funded by loans from the Couhigs.

I'm just glad they are constantly saying how much they love the club. If the vote were to not go their way and they didn't love the club, then I'd be really worried that they'd put us out of business next summer.

If they love the club as much as they claim though I'm sure they won't let that happen.

Yeah, I'm a Wanderer

• Hands up who thought we'd make 11 signings, even after Rob's arrival.

• Agreed @eric_plant but credit where credit is due. Making Aaron's last loan game away at Sunderland will save money on the bus ride home for him.

• Regarding the injuries to Fred and Smyth, and even before we signed Aarons, our squad depth this season means I’m not overly worried about losing players to injury as the players coming in to replace them are more than good enough replacements. What a blessing it is to have a squad as exciting as the one we currently have.

• Whether the Couhigs "love" the club or not @eric_plant , if they are owed lots of money and the vote goes against them, struggling to see what advantage they would gain by "putting us out of business next summer".

• https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49530038

Yeah this doesn’t sound too good does it

• Smyth had a protective boot on when I saw him on Saturday, but I wouldn't have a clue what the specific injury is.

• @floyd said:
    Seems like an extraordinary signing. The only downer being that it confirms longish terms injuries to Fred and Smyth.

From BBC
    "Aarons will help fill the gap left by strikers Fred Onyedinma and Paul Smyth, who Ainsworth says will be out injured for "a little while"."

Was wondering where they were all going to play for a while.

• I think we are finally going to play the 444 system I've advocated ...

• Surely that's cheating Twizz?

• This looks exciting! 18 Premier league appearances, a good loan spell in the league above as well.

Hopefully doesn't mean Fred and Smyth are both out for a medium spell though.

But he may just bypass them both in quality!

• Quite a few Sheffield Wednesday fans seem rather unhappy that he's not gone back there.

• I think we’ve benefited from the Championship window closing before league 1 here. Newcastle were considering him for the first team squad until they had to name 25 players. From most accounts he probably is considered Championship level by many, hopefully he can prove this.

• Bloody hell we've got some options up front and in midfield now !!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Aarons signing has to be up there with our biggest signing of all time! A few have compared the luke Bolton transfer to this, but this is a premier league player who i was surprised went out on loan to Sheffield Wednesday last season as he was in and around the Newcastle first 11 at one stage..... incredible capture..... Ainsworth is some manger

• edited September 2019

18 premier league appearances is a decent pedigree, so hopefully he can smash this division and get back on track.

Or at least make us forget the big loss of Fred and Smyth for a few weeks.

• edited September 2019

Ok @bigred87 . I am perfectly happy to get excited by this signing but why is this the biggest ever? On the face of it he's a 23 year old who burst on the scene five years ago and has done very little since due to a lack of opportunity and injury.

If he's anywhere close to Eze or Luke Moore he'll be ok with me.

Why should I be as excited as you seem to be?

• As a loan it'd be very hard to be more exciting than Taylor from Newcastle. There was already a future England captain buzz around him. Such a shame he didn't fulfil it.

• @bigred87 said:
    Ainsworth is some manger

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty manager.

• @HCblue said:

@bigred87 said:
    Ainsworth is some manger

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty manager.

??good old auto correct.....

• @Right_in_the_Middle In terms of a big name signing im struggling to think of anyone else who's been this well known, granted eze is probably a better player now but he was a relatively unknown name when we got him........

We seem to really mean business, our squad is top quality all over the park apart from maybe a back up keeper! Great time to be a blue

• @Malone said:
    As a loan it'd be very hard to be more exciting than Taylor from Newcastle. There was already a future England captain buzz around him. Such a shame he didn't fulfil it.

Alfie Mawson

• Good to hear from you @bigred87. Hope you continue to enjoy the unexpected excitement of this season (plus a bit more on the deck football).

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:
    As a loan it'd be very hard to be more exciting than Taylor from Newcastle. There was already a future England captain buzz around him. Such a shame he didn't fulfil it.

Alfie Mawson

You're mixing up best loanee with most exciting loan.
    Noone was excited at Mawson coming in at the time!

• if we were just trying to stay up this season I don't think we would have made the two signings yesterday, I think there is another ambition be that top 10 or playoffs Im not sure but I would say its exciting and Im disappointed El Abd has moved on but we can do this without him for sure, what Im wondering is has he asked to leave or has he been pushed ....... he has a reputation for trouble making (see Shrewsbury) but I don't see that here as him and GA were like best friends but I suppose things can break down at any time over the slightest thing.

• My guess is that he was told he was no longer first choice and he was given the opportunity to look for another team where he would be.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.