Skip to content

Another new signing: Giles Phillips

Comments

• Bloody hell! Gareth managed to get them in before the first 'Why No News On Transfers???' Gasroom post! Salut!

• Sorry @th100 John Paul Pittman was a yank wasn't he?

• John (not Andy) Kerr also from the good old US of A.

• Tj something or other on loan from Fulham or similar??

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Tj something or other on loan from Fulham or similar??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TJ_Moncur

born in Hackney, not Hackensack, Noo Joisey

• I hope we sign Parker too. He looked very useful against Brentford.

• Stop this NOW! We are a skint, low budget, certain to be relegated, perennial yo-yo club, who have to beg the better teams for their rejects.

Stop bringing shoots of optimism - I can’t cope.

• @PBo said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Tj something or other on loan from Fulham or similar??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TJ_Moncur

born in Hackney, not Hackensack, Noo Joisey

I've consulted a variety of sources and looked at players of similar names or those signed at similar times and can only conclude I was talking absolute garbage. Hopefully it's at least refreshing to read someone admitting that.

• We can't afford this. All we are doing is running up debt.........wait for the doom mongers

• If we don't get eight million for McCarthy I suspect Trevor Stroud might get some criticism...

• @JohnnyAllAlone well, that is true. We have just been told that the club is not sustainable at the moment, and these signings have been put on Mr Couhig's credit card. The balance of this credit card will need to be settled in 9 months time.

• @Tom Only if they do not convince the 75per cent of Legacy members that they are the right people to take a majority share of the club.
    Give them a chance please

• Under our new proud and plucky government, free of foreign interference, once he comes with his begging bowl we'll just tell him we're British give him 12 guineas in cash and the price of a hansom cab home and he shall think himself lucky...

• Today has reminded me very much of the day at university when your student loan came through

(if the student loan needed paying back in a year's time if you didn't give them your house at Christmas)

• Be good to get Josh Parker and Ali Coote ( the Brentford second half sub) and then we would have some squad. Great work by Gareth and Dobbo once again and a big thank you to Rob Couhig for backing Gareth by putting in the cash to get our budget back to last years level at least.

I really hope McCarthy doesn’t go though but signing Grimmer rings alarm bells.

COYB and maybe even the Gasroom may show some positivity.

• Can't imagine a couple of youngsters and a loans are anywhere near what we were paying for last year or represent the splurge some are suggesting.

Big credit to Gaz and Dobbo though.

If Jase goes for decent money that will be amazing really, to scout youth team prospects and have them have an excellent season on loan, wanting to come back, player of the season and then potential profit is not an accident its a job very well done.

• @Ned_Ludd the blonde bombshell that was John Kerr, USA indeed.

• Mike Brady who played a number of reserve and B&B games in the late 80's, looked and played like Leo Sayer.
    He was a mate of John Kerr's and gained 3 USA caps.

• I was told Bodger Horseman was born across the pond and lured over to Blghty with the promise of a lifelong supply of Rothmans.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Mike Brady who played a number of reserve and B&B games in the late 80's, looked and played like Leo Sayer.
    He was a mate of John Kerr's and gained 3 USA caps.

Your knowledge of Wanderers ephemera is startling.

• Otto Decker is another one.

• Indeed @floyd - whilst I always remember Brady as being considered a 'standout' for all the wrong footballing reasons (I saw him in one B&B match), no way I could have recalled what the guy actually looked like!

@ChasHarps Did you keep a diary back then, or is this all from memory?

• Curly perms were very late 70's early 80's. So it kind of stood out in the late 80's.
    Diary's are strictly for Hoppers and spotters, I could 'out' some of these individuals, but I don't this forum is the place to do it.

• Do you doubt or not think @ChasHarps ?
    I think it might be fun.