Skip to content

Signings and Transfer Rumours

124»

Comments

• @micra said:
    Well said @rmjlondon but I wasn’t there (thank God) and it would be interesting to hear the opinion of eg @BlueBoy and anyone else who was both there and also noticed Josh.

It is always slightly concerning when a player still in his twenties has been at a dozen or so different clubs but, as @LastQuarter implies, GA has usually chosen well.

Happy to confirm, now at least, that he was excellent that day. He was particularly effective in both boxes, which was obvious and frustratingly never dealt with. Strangely I don’t recall him playing upfront though, but it’s quite possible my brain had froze along with the rest of my body and memories of that day are fixated on the weather alone.

• Thanks for that @BlueBoy. Hope you and yours are well. Look forward to seeing you and partners in crime in a few weeks time!

• @BlueBoy said:

@micra said:
    Well said @rmjlondon but I wasn’t there (thank God) and it would be interesting to hear the opinion of eg @BlueBoy and anyone else who was both there and also noticed Josh.

It is always slightly concerning when a player still in his twenties has been at a dozen or so different clubs but, as @LastQuarter implies, GA has usually chosen well.

Happy to confirm, now at least, that he was excellent that day. He was particularly effective in both boxes, which was obvious and frustratingly never dealt with. Strangely I don’t recall him playing upfront though, but it’s quite possible my brain had froze along with the rest of my body and memories of that day are fixated on the weather alone.

2 signings in 2 days anyone?? Hope Josh gets announced soon! I can never recall him playing up top, I always thought he was a central midfielder

• At this rate (if Josh is indeed signed) we’ll be overrun with central midfielders! But Dominic Gape may well be snapped up in the New Year sales of course so cover there would be wise.

Interesting that, as I understand it, Darius Charles is a potential returnee, given recent history, but, if summer surgery has been successful (again, I don’t know for sure that he did go “under the knife”), he could be a very valuable addition, providing cover as he does in central defence, at left back and upfront.

• In the context of my remarks about Darius Charles, I meant to add that, as far as I know, Sido Jombati has not been seen during training sessions and I hope that’s not because the broken foot he sustained at the end of last season has proved longer term than expected.

• @micra I think Darius has other plans (see text copied below from a recent Instagram post of his) and clearly thinks his time as a professional footballer is over, which has hit him hard; as can be seen from recent videos on his Instagram:

"Im gunna start running functional fitness boot camps at the end of July beginning of August on Ealing Common but what I intend to do is more then that. We’re going to create a COMMUNITY of MENTAL,physical and SPIRITUAL wealth. One where men, women and children of all ages,demographics and distinctions have a safe space to live, learn, love and grow through physical fitness but also and more importantly sharing failures and success,knowledge,wisdom experience trials and tribulations a like."

• Sounds half fitness, half hippy commune.

• @Uncle_T said:
    @micra I think Darius has other plans (see text copied below from a recent Instagram post of his) and clearly thinks his time as a professional footballer is over, which has hit him hard; as can be seen from recent videos on his Instagram:

"Im gunna start running functional fitness boot camps at the end of July beginning of August on Ealing Common but what I intend to do is more then that. We’re going to create a COMMUNITY of MENTAL,physical and SPIRITUAL wealth. One where men, women and children of all ages,demographics and distinctions have a safe space to live, learn, love and grow through physical fitness but also and more importantly sharing failures and success,knowledge,wisdom experience trials and tribulations a like."

That’s heartbreaking to watch. Best of luck to him and good on the club for letting him stick around.

• One of the things that makes me proud to support Wycombe Wanderers is that we’re able to treat even our former players like people rather than commodities. I hope he’s able to stick around as long as he needs to.

Color me concerned about Sido as well. Foot bone breaks are tricky things.

• "Colour"

• Gosh, yes @eric_plant ! Can’t have American spelling on the Gasroom.

• Have just had a look at the video. Very sad viewing. The very best of luck to him in his future ventures. Really good guy.

• @eric_plant said:
    "Colour"

I thought of you when I noticed I’d been autocorrected.

• I see the @eric_plant fan club are out in force !

• What did I tell ya.

• Page now unavailable but see Jacob Gardiner-Smith thread.