Skip to content

Andrew Harman bid for WWFC

Comments

• @Chris said:
    The intention of rule 102 is clearly not meant to be limited to just the trust, and they have come up with what they consider to be a clever way out of the fact they ignored the rule when ‘the club’ took out the loan, but I’m not convinced anyone will be persuaded by this.

I personally don't think there is any wiggle room on the interpretation of Rule 102:

The Trust may borrow money on such terms as the Trust Board shall authorise save that any borrowing that would require a significant proportion of the Trust's turnover to be apportioned to repaying such borrowing, or that would use the assets of the Trust (and/or any subsidiaries) as security for such borrowing, shall require the approval of the Trust in general meeting.

The explanation that WWFC (currently 100% owned subsidiary of WWT) isn't relevant to that rule is insulting the intelligence of those who have taken the trouble to read the rules.
    The only possible item for discussion is what constitutes 'a significant proportion of the Trust's turnover', however there can be no doubt that £500k is a very significant amount of money to WWT and any of its subsidiaries, especially if it has to be coughed up in 12 months.
    The last email from Trevor Stroud was very disappointing in the terse manner that it dismissed the very legitimate questions that many WWT members are expressing as to whether the society's procedures to safeguard the club's assets were followed correctly.
    I look forward to a full and frank discussion with the WWT top table for an explanation of this at a general meeting of WWT members as to why it was not put before us for approval when the club had an opportunity to do so at the exploratory meeting on 12th September before it was then announced on 7th November that Luby and Collis had already loaned the club money.

• I think it's important to remember that the Trust board unanimously recommended another consortium to us in 2014 and they never even turned up to the meeting.

I feel more comfortable examining all options and making my own mind up.

This is a sale not an investment - once it's gone it's gone.

• @marlowchair has been spot on for months!
    Andrew Harmon initially wanted to get involved back in 2015 but Andrew Howard Blocked his attempts and there was a battle of the egos. Howard refused to work with Harman.
    So he waited for the opportunity.
    This proposal isn’t new !!
    The proposal hasn’t been put forward because Trevor Stroud and cronies haven’t been promised “jobs for the boys” his exact words were “what’s in it for me because the Americans said they are keeping me on!” SAYS IT ALL !!
    They aren’t interested in the club, they are interested in titles and ego.
    After a meeting with Stroud and Harman on Friday Harman was left with no option but to go to the press.

• I thought it was Beeks that blocked initial approaches?

• I’m now thinking Truthwillout. Is actually AH himself. With a statement like that

• @TrueBlu said:
    I’m now thinking Truthwillout. Is actually AH himself. With a statement like that

I think he would be able to spell his own name though?

• This is exactly what I meant by rumours and conspiracy theories. This poster, who sounds remarkably similar to others I can think of, makes statements that we are expected to accept as factual without any evidence to back them up.

• If this is true,that's shocking. All officials should realise they are just a custodian of a role in this great historic football club. It's about the prosperity of WWFC and not the ego's or self interests of individuals.

• I thought it was common knowledge Howard and Harman didn't get on, heard it plenty of times, and Trevor isn't going to upset his employer is he

• @glasshalffull said:
    This is exactly what I meant by rumours and conspiracy theories. This poster, who sounds remarkably similar to others I can think of, makes statements that we are expected to accept as factual without any evidence to back them up.

I for one wouldn't argue with the first paragraph though Alan. You must know that the two AH's were like two rutting stags in a field. They wouldn't agree if it was night or day.
    Have no knowledge of the rest of it though.

• Which hotel Are they holding their meeting in @trublue?

• At this point I’m pretty sure that the wildest conspiracy theory on this site is that Trevor Stroud does anything at all in the interests of the club.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I can imagine the outcry from certain quarters if the board had proposed going in that direction shortly after taking control of the club. However, circumstances do change and you elected the Trust board to deal with these matters as they saw fit.

Just how many of the Trust Board have been elected, exactly? Most years they just seem to get nodded on. This year it seemed Trevor Stroud would actually have to put himself up for vote - until the fourth man decided to retire from the board and withdraw from the election - allowing Mr Stroud to wave himself back in.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Which hotel Are they holding their meeting in

Premier inn

• It’d be great if we could all agree on one point. And that is that using the abbreviation AH is very unhelpful in this discussion.

• @mooneyman said:
    I thought it was Beeks that blocked initial approaches?

No in 2014/15 Beeks was kept very much at arms length from the club. Howard used our near relegation position to practically blackmail the club and would only renew his sponsorship if he was given some control in the club. Club was over a barrel and desperate for the money so allowed him to get involved, it was then Howard who re-introduced Beeks back into the fold.
    Beeks really has had very little clout since Steve Hayes days.

• I despair at some of the views you’ve expressed on here.
    For most of his time at the club, Andrew Howard received enormous praise on the gas Room for the time, effort and business expertise he devoted to the club, not to mention his financial contribution. Now you come along and claim that he ‘practically blackmailed’ the club.
    Again, what evidence do you have to support this?

• Ahh, so now Howard is some kind of bad guy, as well as Stroud, and as well as Woodward before.
    And this Harman guy is pure mint, based on..playing a few games for us, and being a totally benevolent donator.

Got it pal, ta.

• As I said before even if I was minted i would not go near buying or running an association football.club!

• @trublue you can still vote for the not yet seen deal even if people go and listen to someone else.

• @glasshalffull said:
    This is exactly what I meant by rumours and conspiracy theories. This poster, who sounds remarkably similar to others I can think of, makes statements that we are expected to accept as factual without any evidence to back them up.

I wish it was a conspiracy theory! It’s a travesty.
    it will come out and as these things always do.
    It’s so sad the fans trust Trevor & Co so blindly.
    you have to trust that some of us on this site aren’t fans and are genuine whistle blowers.
    Ever wondered why so many staff disappear, made to sign NDA and get 5 figure settlement payments ? For such a broke club they find the money to pay for silence so they can continue operating the club to benefit themselves and panda to their egos and thirst for status and play at running a football club.

• So are you admitting that you’re not a fan? If so, I’m surprised that you’re taking such an interest. Your comments have taken unproven innuendo to a new level.

• Well it’s my source of income so I do care who I work for and with.

• @Wendoverman spot on. I think it was the late great Oily sailor who coined the "Wycombe fans are vermin" tag.

Having heard a bunch of our fans at Rovers screaming "Get fatty on", and mocking Bloomfield, i'd struggle to disagree, although i'd add a "some" at the start.

• @TruthWillOut said:
    Well it’s my source of income so I do care who I work for and with.

So you are really Richie the skilled club shop employee and Luton supporter!

• @Malone said:
    @Wendoverman spot on. I think it was the late great Oily sailor who coined the "Wycombe fans are vermin" tag.

Having heard a bunch of our fans at Rovers screaming "Get fatty on", and mocking Bloomfield, i'd struggle to disagree, although i'd add a "some" at the start.

They’d be the same ones who started the ‘Ainsworth out’ movement and regularly abuse whichever player is the latest whipping boy on their long list of hate figures.
    I find it truly sad that they get their kicks in this way.

• Is the panda head of a rival Chinese consortium?

• Wendoverman. I believe you are Marcus Wood

• @TrueBlu said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Which hotel Are they holding their meeting in

Premier inn

This coming Wednesday (23rd) there is an open forum (open to anyone) to hear Andrew Harman’s proposal to invest in WWFC. It will take place at the Holiday Inn, Handy Cross at 7pm.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I despair at some of the views you’ve expressed on here.
    For most of his time at the club, Andrew Howard received enormous praise on the gas Room for the time, effort and business expertise he devoted to the club, not to mention his financial contribution. Now you come along and claim that he ‘practically blackmailed’ the club.
    Again, what evidence do you have to support this?
    I believe that Mr Howard gave a huge contribution in matters off the field, making the club more professional and got us deals/players using his considerable expertise. I'm not sure that his timing for departure isn't linked to the reasons for the current feelings of ambiguity towards the "top table"? Did he know a shit storm was brewing and departed before the plug broke? I expect we mere mortals will never really find out. Notwithstanding, there is no doubt that he had a positive impact during his time here, possibly less so towards the end, but that is guess work on my behalf, with no evidence to back it up.