Skip to content

Plymouth at Home - Match 29 - Saturday 26th Jan 2019 - Attendance Forecasts / Crowd anticipation

2»

Comments

• Thought they had lost the contract!

• They did, three years ago at least and @DevC was at pains to explain to me that it would not have mattered a fig to Beechdean.

• 5,521 total, 1,358 visitors

• 5793 including 1107 on a family day out from Devon.

• 5600 (1100 away)

• 5678 inc 1110 from Devon.

• 27 predictions so far.

Average for Total Crowd: 5537
    Average for Away 964

Up the Blues

• 5769 with 1145 Plymouth

• it's been given as 5,691 with 1,293 Plymouth.

• edited January 2019

Lots of us were close, although as @DevC pointed out would happen, some of us, me in particular, underestimated the numbers of Pilgrims who would come and go away (disappointed and in some cases bitterly disappointed).

Excellent predicting by @Cecil who was just two away from the correct attendance. Congratulations - excellent stuff.

Honourable mentions for all those within one hundred: @Thicketblue, 13 away with 5678; @DevC, who knew and understood both sets of fans - 19 away with 5672; @Shev, who continues his remarkable accuracy - 29 away with 5662; @Glenatico, also continuing a good run - 51 away with 5640; @Aok84, who is making a virtue of knowing all the factors before predicting, just 78 away with 5769; @BlueBoy, 82 away with 5773; @onlooker - 91 out with 5600 and finally @ForeverBlue, 93 away with 5784.

An impressive bunch of close predictions. Blue Average was out by 159.

So we had close to 4400 Happy Wanderers and there were just under 1300 who were serenaded at the end and who then faced long journeys home, a handful of whom couldn't resist the lure of the gasroom.

An occasion on which we won in front of a 'big' crowd. It will be interesting to see if there is any truth at all in the assumptions and presumptions the moaning Plymouth fans made about the watchability of games at Adams Park, from our point of view. This season we have been adding slowly to the number of Wycombe fans who attend. When Bradford visit next Saturday we will see whether our crowd dips below the 4400 or carries on with its slow but steady upward trend.

Blackpool attendance thread up later today. Happy forecasting and happy supporting.

• The figure for away support seems very low. Didn’t look like 500+ empty seats in the away end. Perhaps I should take comfort from only being 500 out in my away prediction!

Long may these away figures exceed expectations.

• Don’t think the Bantams away support will be lower. Times may be hard for them both on the pitch and economically but they are one of the best supported clubs at this level. Arguably a bigger club than Argyle?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Don’t think the Bantams away support will be lower. Times may be hard for them both on the pitch and economically but they are one of the best supported clubs at this level. Arguably a bigger club than Argyle?

Oh oh, careful you'll have the pasty munchers spitting their crusts out again!

• I fear it will be lower @perfidious_albion. As I’ve said elsewhere, the Plymouth following looked nearer 1600 than the 1300 reported (squeezing in another 500 would have been interesting, to say the least). Bradford sell their season tickets at, shall we say, extremely competitive prices and that makes it unlikely that they will have as high a proportion of their home gates here in Saturday as Plymouth did.
    Bear in mind also that Plymouth have a large London based fan club.

On a more positive note, there is no “previous” between us and the Bantams so we should be back to the beautiful game!