Skip to content

Randell Williams joins Exeter City

13»

Comments

• Phew, sorry @ChasHarps. I thought for a moment I was on the matchday thread and you were reporting a current transfer/loan window signing.

• Sad loss White Lion Ground, lot of character @ChasHarps. Some Others include Elliot Benyon, David Gipp and everybody favourite Graham Westley.

• Further question I saw a friendly at Yeading in the early 90's when Tony Lynch played for us??? Did he or did i imagine it? he played for both then.

• He played for Wealdstone.

• Luke O’Nien can also be added to the list. He’s no David Gipp mind.

• Nick freeman was on loan at Wealdstone.

• The not so Marvellous Marvin McCoy.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Luke O’Nien can also be added to the list. He’s no David Gipp mind.

I see from Wikipedia that David Gipp scored a goal once. But only once.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2019

No he scored twice actually, one in the 6-1 home win against Fisher Athletic and one in the 5-0 home victory over Runcorn 89/90 season. I'm sure supporters can remember his infamous accidental Salute that appeared in the BFP. He was actually ok I would have been happy if we had signed him permanently back then.

• Wealdstone broke their record transfer fee and paid £25,000 to Barnet for Gipp. He is not fondly remembered at Lower Mead, netting only 3 goals in two years.
    Loakes Park cult hero Dylan Evans also played for Wealdstone towards the end of his career.

• Talking off Wealdstone connections, a man wecould be hearing a lot more of in the coming weeks, Andy Harman was on the receiving of an horrific fracture to his cheekbone from an elbow. It was in the 2-0 Gola league defeat at Lower mead in 85/86 season
    Blues manager Paul Bence described it as "premeditated cold blooded thuggery".

Ex Wanderers coach Brian Hall had assembled a real horrible team of thugs, which included Fatty Dennis byatt, Paul Bowgett,Steve Mccargo and Vinny Jones

• Paul Bence was clearly less versed in the diplomatic arts than the present incumbent!