Skip to content

Back in from the cold

Well actually out in the cold. Photo on club page of training today includes a shot of Sam Saunders out training with the squad. One of the few in shorts ( his swimwear perhaps?). Anyway seems all made up.

Comments

• Sam Saunders was in the photos from training last week also.

• Was richie there?

• It's the team he's not getting near, not the training ground

• @Malone said:

It's the team he's not getting near, not the training ground

Thought I read that he had fallen out with Gaz and been told to stay away? At least with training there may be a chance we will see him again.

• If his contract was going to be cancelled it would have been done early Jan. Just speculation but given we've lost Bryn Morris and money is tight (and who knows what might happen with Dom Gape in the next couple of weeks) pragmatism may have ensured Gaz and Sam bury the hatchet. Maybe it's time to kill that fatted calf.

• Isn't it a contractual obligation to provide players with training facilities? Some clubs get around it by making players train with the youth team, but as we don't have one, he'd have to train with the first team.

Does anyone actually know if there was a falling out? Given the secrecy surrounding even minor injuries Saunders might just have not been match fit.

At least he doesn't appear to have succumbed to Gavin Grantitis.

• There was half a (scurrilous) rumour on the fb page, but too unbelievable to even bother repeating. But apart from that what Mindless said.

• I'm almost certain it was pure speculation, but a few people have suggested he'd been frozen out due to a bonus and/or extension clause in his contract after a certain number of games which he's almost completed

• @Username said:
    I'm almost certain it was pure speculation, but a few people have suggested he'd been frozen out due to a bonus and/or extension clause in his contract after a certain number of games which he's almost completed

Technically known as ‘Matt Spring Syndrome’.

• He signed a new contract in the Summer and has appeared in just 8 games so far this season. It's not going to be down to a appearance based bonus clause in his contract.

• It was notable he'd put lots on Instagram about business, holiday, family etc but not mentioned playing for months, until today.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Croider said:
    He signed a new contract in the Summer and has appeared in just 8 games so far this season. It's not going to be down to a appearance based bonus clause in his contract.

Why not? It could be a 10 appearance clause.

• these rumours are usually made up by fans who've played a bit too much championship manager

• @eric_plant said:
    these rumours are usually made up by fans who've played a bit too much championship manager

How many decades is too much?

• Given his record over the past few years I am going to guess he's been injured.

• Bucks Free Press quoted Gaz as saying with Charles and Yves injured we have 19 players, and that way "No-one misses out".
    Well, surely 1 has to miss out, with 11 playing and 7 subs? Maybe Saunders is the 19th man?

So with the injured 2, making 21
    GK - Allsop, Yves, Young lad whose name I've forgotten
    DF - Harriman, McCarthy, JJ, El Abd, Charles, Stewart, Sido
    M - Bloom, Gape, Thompson, Saunders
    F- Bayo, CMS, Kashket, Samuel, Tyson, Paris, Freeman

For the talk in some quarters, of the loanees going back leaving us with a small squad, it really doesn't.

I suppose CM looks the lightest, certainly unless Saunders is definitely back in the picture.

• Has Beano left then?

• edited January 2019

Ah yes.

So 22 players then, but Gaz quotes "19" fit, with Charles and Yves out.
    Is this a miscalculation? Or is he not counting Saunders? Or is he not counting the 3rd keeper?

Either way, there would still be at least 1 player not in the 18...so not quite what he says about "everyone" being involved, which he prefers...

Probably overreading into the soundbites

• Talking of in from the cold, apparently Aaron Pierre was seen at the ground today........

• @rg9wwfc said:
    Talking of in from the cold, apparently Aaron Pierre was seen at the ground today........

Means nothing unless he was seen at Cressex service station.

• edited January 2019

Maybe he popped into Tesco,he needed some ketchup.

• I saw the Aaron Pierre post on Facebook, I've just seen someone on there say it originated on here...

• @aloysius said:
    If his contract was going to be cancelled it would have been done early Jan. Just speculation but given we've lost Bryn Morris and money is tight (and who knows what might happen with Dom Gape in the next couple of weeks) pragmatism may have ensured Gaz and Sam bury the hatchet. Maybe it's time to kill that fatted calf.

Aaron Pierre accused of head butting a fatted calf calf outside of Tesco express