Skip to content

Gillingham Away - Match 22 - Saturday 15th December 2018- Attendance Predictions

2»

Comments

• Are any away supporters under cover at Priestfield?

• @micra said:
    Are any away supporters under cover at Priestfield?

Nope!

• Yes, down the side. Feel sorry for them in the open, wnd blowing rain straight into their faces.

• I should have checked the forecast before putting a number on the attendance, might be my worst yet! Huge respect to those who have made the journey

• I was thinking the same thing, @Norsquarters!

• Looking at the photo of the poor wet and cold Wycombe supporters I may also have overestimated a tad. Remind me to reduce next week’s prediction by the number of our supporters there today.

• Fair few would have sneaked into the covered home stands surely?

• I haven't seen figures for the crowd yet so no prediction winners. However - very honourable mentions for everyone that went and especially those on the 'temporary' terrace. Proud to be a Wycombe fan this morning, the team showed flair and determination and the fans displayed both good humour and determination.
    I am looking forward to going there again in hospitable rather than hospital circumstances.

If anyone knows the attendance could they post it on here. From the pictures of our crowd it looks like we took somewhere between 500 and 600.

Hope everyone had a safe journey home. On our journey back to Cambridgeshire via the M25 and the M11 we had to stop to change clothes. 5 layers that rain got through.

• Thoroughly endorse all the complimentary comments about the resilience and loyalty of the hundreds who suffered for the club but just a slightly tongue in cheek aside -
    do they not trust the reliability and phenomenal accuracy (!?) of that fine institution where I was in charge of seaweed nearly 60 years ago? Or are they just obsessives as I used to be (and still am - but now too long in the tooth to face a repeat of Fratton 2013. At least the temperature was in double figures that evening.)

• I have ot on good authority that it was 5109 with 704 Wycombe fans.

• Lol @floyd - Well currently there is no better authority out there than yours.

I did email Gillingham the club tonight see what they know.

• I’ve read a few comments from Gillingham fans who mentioned the attendance has not been provided at several of their games this season. The theory being that attendances have significantly dropped and the club doesn’t want to advertise the fact. Absolutely no idea if that’s true or not though.

• Gillingham have just tweeted "The official attendance for the fixture was 4687 (495) "

• Yes - just got a reply to my email. Very creditable more than 10% of the crowd was ourselves and 3/5ths of it was in the equivalent of the freezer.

Will update the spreadsheets this evening.

• edited December 2018

The spreadsheet now shows how far everyone was away from the actual total - it was the weather wot done it. Thanks to all who gave it a go.

Congratulations to @DJWYC14 who was closest with 4850 - 163 away from the total. Next closest was @Wisdom_Of_Harry who with 4900 - 213 away. Unfortunately nobody then gets an honourable mention for being within a 100, however a special mention for @DevC who was closest to our crowd predicting 502. I suspect that the number of away tickets sold on the day was very close to zero.

We are 16th in the League One table of average attendances so far with 5077 and co-incidentally
    Gillingham are the club who are 15th. Every chance that we will catch them up by the end of the season.

There will be some changes in positions in our 'Tour de Season' championship, notably by @DJWYC14 and I think I lose the coveted 9th place. I will be posting on that thread later.

Up the Blues and happy predicting.