Skip to content

London based Chairboys fans summer edition

Comments

• I’ve heard of Marjorie Proops, Phil, but I confess ignorance when it comes to “props”. Please enlighten me!

• Don't be such a square @micra. It's what the hip kids are saying these days, when we're not playing our pacman video games or boogying at the local discotheque.

• I aim to maintain my 100 record!

• 100% even

• @micra Modern day parlance for doffing one’s hat

@OakwoodExile Marvellous

• As you may know @bluntphil, I have a form of autism which manifests itself in pedanticism and OCD (especially in relation to the sound and musicality of language.) The origins of unfamiliar words fascinate me and I was frustrated by not being able to make a logical connection with the meaning that you clearly meant to convey. Do you know how “props” came to mean what it does?

• @micra "props" = "proper respect"

• I should be along to this one too.

• I shall impress/embarrass the grandchildren (although they may be a little too old/mature to be up with it!)

• Thanks @LeedsBlue BTW!

• @ LeedsBlue You are a disgrace to Grumpy Old Men!

• And so is @bluntphil, although on reflection he is far too young and down with the kids to qualify as a Grumpy Old Man.

I like the sound of these fans’ gatherings and teetered on the brink last time but I commuted to London on and off for thirty years and have only made rare forays since I retired in 1995.

• "Far too young!" - I'll take that @micra. Infact, I'll even buy you a pint at Adams Park!

• @our_frank Sorry - i just took my nose out of my Cherry Red collection for long enough to google the answer for @micra

• edited July 2018

And there’s me thinking you were actually familiar with the lingo @LeedsBlue !

@bluntphil : I rather like the sound of that. This is thirsty weather and litres of water (required drinking I gather) don’t exactly float my boat. (I’ve just realised what I did there.)

Night all.

• @micra said:
    And there’s me thinking you were actually familiar with the lingo @LeedsBlue !

@bluntphil : I rather like the sound of that. This is thirsty weather and litres of water (required drinking I gather) don’t exactly float my boat. (I’ve just realised what I did there.)

Night all.

• PS still haven’t got to grips with the edit function. Just spent 15-20 minutes trying to correct a minor spacing error. Pathetic!

• Although the last meeting was a joy, my upcoming surgery will mean that I am probably still ko’d when you are all raising a glass, so I’ll be with you in spirit only. Enjoy!

• @NorsQuarters Hope it goes well. All the best.

• @NorsQuarters Good luck with the surgery mate

• Final reminder for this tomorrow evening.

Hopefully see you there for some communal crying into our pints now that Luke has left us...

• I'd love to make one of these but alas, I can't do tomorrow. Hope to make the next one, hopefully when we're top of the league before Christmas.

• I'm still in.

• See you all tonight.
    Ohhh Sido Jombati.

• edited August 2018

It would be great if @FFS_Sido turned out to be Sido.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@drcongo said:
    It would be great if @FFS_Sido turned out to be Sido.

It's probably Scott brown

POTD, as we used to say.

• On way. Apologies for lateness

• How many pints shall I bring upstairs?

• A very enjoyable evening, my first meeting, a real pleasure to meet @bluntphil for the first time, we are truly blessed to have him reporting for us.

Also good to meet @drcongo, @OakwoodExile, @StrongestTeam, and the special guest appearance of @FFS_Sido! Excellent beer, cuisine limited to an unusual selection of pork pies and scotch eggs, but any out of towners wondering if they should make the trek in, it is well worthwhile.

I went feeling a bit pessimistic about our chances this season but the optimism of the others, based on sound reasoning I admit, has raised my hopes.