Skip to content

let's wake up and look forward...

Two cup finals, as bad as yesterday was to wake this morning still 1 point ahead is a great position to be in.
Buy your chesterfield tickets, get up there sing our hearts out and seal this promotion, let's no blame, scapegoat or argue, two games to go, more important than ever to be as one, loud and proud.
We must win both games.

Comments

• @wycombelad spot on let's just get on with it. The future is where our minds need to be.

• Great sentiment let’s bin Saturday

• As the old cliche goes, if we’d been offered this scenario back in August we’d have been delighted to accept it.

• Absolutely, it's effectively a 2 game season with us having a +1 advantage

• We’re a step closer to promotion today than yesterday morning, with one game less to play and still in third. Losing to the League leaders is far from a disaster, and Exeter failing to win is a massive bonus.

Plenty of people would have taken a draw with Accrington and an Exeter win (I know I would) - the gap over Exeter is now one more than in those circumstances.

A week of progress for the injured players and we should come back strong at Chesterfield.

• Excellent post @Chris

• At the end of the season it's the final place that counts and if we go up yesterday will be forgoten

• Agree with all of this

If we could have hand picked two games to win then these wouldn't be far off

Come on Wycombe

• Before yesterday's game I envisaged us finishing the day on equal points with Exeter, so not feeling too negative. We won't play that poorly again, I hope, and everyone will be up for it. COYB!

• I doubt we’ll play as poorly again and the opposition won’t be in the same class. The Exeter result helps a lot.

• Completely agree with OP.
    If we had been given this position at the end of the season, we would have taken it.
    Accrington have been the best team in the league and deserve to go up as champions - I can’t believe how wrong the bookies got it, offering over 3/1 for an Accrington win.
    Two massive games and two wins will seal it.
    I will be in USA for the last two games but will be cheering on from across the pond!

• @YorkshireWanderer that 3/1 lightened my mood on the journey home. Couldn’t believe it was still available when I saw our team sheet so jumped on it. Would rather have lost the bet mind.

• @Chris said:
    Plenty of people would have taken a draw with Accrington and an Exeter win (I know I would) - the gap over Exeter is now one more than in those circumstances.

Very good point. That was the scenario I thought most likely. Assuming we can get yesterday out of our system quickly then things are still, maybe surprisingly, positive.

• ... Although that scenario would have left us a healthy three points clear of County, not two.

• @arnos_grove said:
    YorkshireWanderer that 3/1 lightened my mood on the journey home. Couldn’t believe it was still available when I saw our team sheet so jumped on it. Would rather have lost the bet mind.

I made £30 but it feels like blood money

• I'll be doing exactly the same next Saturday as well

• But hopefully losing my money this time

• Oh, but I wanted to complain about us being crap for another day or two.

Oh well...Chesterfield here we come!

• @bookertease said:
    I made £30 but it feels like blood money

I’ve not felt so grubby since I had a £20 at 10/1 on Donald Trump shortly before his shock win.

• @arnos_grove said:
    I’ve not felt so grubby since I had a £20 at 10/1 on Donald Trump shortly before his shock win.

Donated some of my Trump/Brexit double winnings to charity but don't think it makes up for it

• Damn. I only got 8-1 on Trump

• This is a huge week for the club, and most of all for Gaz. Probably no Bayo so tactical plan B vital, encouraging a young mid field to work hard may be necessary but not sufficient, we have a great strike force let’s play to their strengths (- Bayo).

• Next two games we need experience and quality so (assuming Bayo is out) I’d go for:
    Brown; Harriman, Jombati, El Abd and JJ;
    Saunders, Gape and 09;
    Paris/Williams, CMS and Tyson.

• Sounds about right @glasshalffull but there must be serious doubts about Luke’s fitness and Freeman is surely due a start. Also, I hope Gape recovers faster from illness than he did towards the end of last season when I seem to recall that he missed quite a few games but I’ve a feeling that may have been something rather more serious.

• I agree that we’ll probably need to win both games but one win will be enough should both Exeter and Notts County fail to win either of their remaining games.