Skip to content

Comments

• Depressing reading especially having such fond memories of what was their last FL game.

• Torquay fans must have mixed feelings about Wycombe Wanderers.
    Presumably their fan base is too small (and lacking any dyed in-the-wool wealthy business supporters) for them to follow the same path as Wycombe.

• M3GM3G
    edited April 2018

I think it would be good if people posted on the Torquay Forum showed support and solidarity with them, offer advice. I had heard he wanted to move them to ground share at Truro! What a nightmare. He just wants the land, not interested in the demise of the club.

• not quite the story.

They were funded by a lottery millionaire but the money was not used wisely. Eventually it run out and a group of supporters took over.

They didnt have the cash to transition and didnt have the good fortune to find such an exceptional manager as GA to keep them stable on limited funds.

Current owners are asset strippers but actually proposal was for Truro to play at Torquay not the other way around.

Looks pretty grim for them. But for the width of a Bristol crossbar, could have been us. Could still be once GA leaves if we don't manage the club very carefully.

• I have a lot of time for Torquay after the dignified way they treated our celebrations on that memorable day despite having been relegated themselves.

• Depressing indeed. There are now too many old established football league clubs languishing at below national league level due to trying to fly too close to the sun (e.g. Stockport, York). Could so easily have been us.

On the flip side, two of the clubs going up automatically from our league this year will have done so on small(ish) budgets so raise a glass to sustainability

• Sad to see Torquay's relegation confirmed yesterday, knowing that could so easily have been us. That day at Plainmoor was incredible for the result but equally so for the reaction of the Torquay fans and officials to our fans. The number of good wishes we got walking back to the car from home fans who must have been feeling crushed was genuinely moving and I'd love to see them find a way out of this and one day make it back into the league.

• It really is sad - I wish there could be a mass sea change, with many more smaller clubs transitioning over to fan ownership, but that is a pipedream.