Skip to content

The Wanderer - Out tomorrow!

edited April 2018 in Football

You'll wake up tomorrow feeling tense and excited, your nerves knotting in your stomach as you make your way down Hillbottom Road towards the ground. Does triumph or disaster await on this momentous day? The adrenalin bubbles up as you near the ground - it all hinges on this moment! And there it is! The WWISC stand selling the brand new edition of The Wanderer! 56-pages packed with wit and wisdom (plus pictures, if those first two things aren't your bag). There's an interview with Marcus Bean, Dave Carroll turns agony aunt and we relive an exciting, little-known scene from The Magnificent Seven, plus there's another Mythbusters and more expert analysis from US 'Choirboys' fan Marty O. Neil.

Free to WWISC members and just 150 of your British pennies for everyone else, find us in the Righton carpark, in between the two Origin buildings, on the left of Hillbottom Road, just before the Adams Park gates. There may or may not be a dog, I don't know. Bring treats just in case.

Comments

• As it was starting to look like it might be a bit crowded and noisy I was having second thoughts about going tomorrow but now I know that @Jonny_King I'll definately make the effort!

• Nice one @Jonny_King I'll look out for it

• Cheers guys, I hope it doesn't let you down!

I have also been told there will be a dog.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Cheers guys, I hope it doesn't let you down!

I have also been told there will be a dog.

That clinches it for me.

• I'm looking out for the postman while typing this in excited anticipation they're always a brilliant read Jonny.

• Cheers Robin! Hope you enjoy this one too.

• @Jonny_King I can honestly say that meeting Bodger was my favourite part of yesterday. What a hero

Another good read, and hats off to whomever came up with the Nolan Sisters bit. Had me chuckling to myself pre match

• Thanks @eric_plant, glad you enjoyed it. Bodger's brilliant isn't he?

• Great stuff. Almost worth a 4-0 stuffing. Well done @Jonny_King

• Arrived early and missed Bodger. He missed his Whirler (bacon and cheese flavour) but his loss was my Paddy’s gain.

• Got to meet Bodger and his mates, wonderful!

• Your endorsement (especially of the Nolan Sisters piece) has persuaded me to try to find time after the footie to have a read.

• Many thanks @Wendoverman. I'm just praying that front cover doesn't come back to haunt me...

• @micra Bodger won't be happy to hear that! Ian bringing Bodger down has been brilliant and it's great to see the interest in their work as well as everyone, especially kids, getting to meet the dogs. Pretty sure we wouldn't shift half so many fanzines without them there as well!

• Thank you to everyone who picked up a copy yesterday. I'm pleased to report that Issue 111 is already our biggest selling edition (beating the previous record set by Issue 110) with another set of sales before the Stevenage game still to go.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

• @Jonny_King I was going to ask if it was going to be called the promotion issue but thought better if it. At least yours has an element of possible doubt!

• Always hedge your bets.

• Go Choirboys outstanding!