Skip to content

what would you do ?

With 10 mins to go against Accy, the game poised at 0-0.
The news comes through that Exeter have taken lead.
As it would now stand, We would then have to beat bottom club Chesterfield away and nothing to play for Stevenage at home to secure 3rd spot.
Would you go for the win or see out a draw ?

Comments

• how very DevC

• Unless Exeter are 5-0 up a point is good

• Ask Richie

• I’d ensure we have as many forwards as possible on the pitch especially with pace to exploit knackered, hard partying Accrington defenders.

• I’ve finally fathomed the third paragraph @ChasHarps.
    I think I’d shoot myself.

• Punt it into the corners, out the stadium, Brown taking 90secs per goal kick, and O Nien and gang doing the full roll call of time wasting tactics of course.

Now, if we were 0-0 and needing a win to go up last day of the season, that'd be an entirely different prospect

• A point against the top team and two wins to follow I would be happy with.

• It's undoubtedly more important to not lose than to win against accy this weekend. Got to back ourselves to finish the job against chesterfield and Stevenage

• Three games to go, two at home, one away. We should be targeting to win the two home games and draw away. If we do that then Exeter’s results are irrelevant.

• I would go for the win. I think our best defense is attack anyway, and I think being positive would send a message to the players that they are good enough. Imagine what a late winner against Accy would do for the confidence!

• take a point all day long in those circumstances

• @Shev we spell it defence over here. None of that colonial rubbish please ;-)

• More importantly, what would Peter Taylor do?

• edited April 2018

@LX1 said:
    Shev we spell it defence over here. None of that colonial rubbish please ;-)

You don't think the American spelling adds color? :)

• I truly feel we can beat Accrington, and may well need to.

I also like to state the obvious.