Skip to content

Comments

• Excellent report.

• Couple of minor ultra-pedantic points, Dale

1) I wasn't at the game but it feels unlikely that bayo tried to run off his injury. Bayo doesn't really do running. He may have attempted to "light jog" off his injury.
    2) CMS may have worked extremely hard but one thing he wasn't was "tireless" especially at the very moment he was subbed off for being tired.

Sounds a really good night though. Glad you enjoyed the game.
    roll on Saturday.

• Out of interest, if you weren't at the game why are you commenting on what players may or may not have done?

• @DevC said:
    Couple of minor ultra-pedantic points, Dale

1) I wasn't at the game but it feels unlikely that bayo tried to run off his injury. Bayo doesn't really do running. He may have attempted to "light jog" off his injury.
    2) CMS may have worked extremely hard but one thing he wasn't was "tireless" especially at the very moment he was subbed off for being tired.

Sounds a really good night though. Glad you enjoyed the game.
    roll on Saturday.

I suspect he could still outrun you over 50 yards!

• These days, Mooney, my stomach makes Bayo look like the physique of a puma.

You are absolutely right, without even a shadow of a doubt.

Just a perhaps unsuccessful attempt at mildly humorous teasing, Dale. Not one to throw your toys out over.

• @DevC strange target for ultra pedantic teasing when the bloke has got home at 1am and written a match report up for fans before 10am the next day, but whatever you're into I suppose.

• Well considering we did not score and our leading striker was injured, it seems our crappy, inexperienced defence and poor quality goalkeeper did okay. Roll on Accy!!

• I know Peter, I feel terrible now...........

I am grateful for all who take the trouble to write these reports.

• Not worth feeling terrible about Dev

• Whatever you say Peter.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though (especially as you may be a bit tired this morning)

• Thanks for report...I was 'watching' via the BBC website on the train and it seemed we had a go at least.

• edited April 2018

I have rarely, if ever, commented on player ratings, as it's so subjective - but I didn't think McGinley was 2 marks worse than El-Abd on the night. Or maybe El-Abd has become so consistently good lately that I'm just thinking it's his new norm, and I'm sticking up for the youngster because I want him to do well. What I'm saying, I think, is that they played as a genuine equal partnership in dealing with the constant physical threat, and not like a father shepherding his son through the game with regular advice and occasional rescue acts.

Excellent report. It really was a quite exceptional atmosphere for a League 2 match.

• Excellent report, pretty much exactly how I saw it. Their complaints about the disallowed header are laughable. You won't see a more blatant shove in the back. Bizarrely, the incident doesn't seem to have made any highlights reels. One dodgy kick aside, I thought Brown did what he had to do well, including claiming a few crosses. As such, I'd have given him a 7. Apart from that, spot on for me.

• @DevC said:
    Whatever you say Peter.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though (especially as you may be a bit tired this morning)

No worries

• I know it’s a very long shot that we could overtake them but no one has yet mentioned Luton. They have two very difficult away games at Carlisle and Notts County and an admittedly easier looking home game v.FGR.
    Unlikely or not, second place is still not decided.

• I think it was blatant to us because we had a perfect view of the most obvious 2-handed shove I’ve ever seen. To the stand on the far side his hands were probably hidden by McGinley and it may have looked to them like he just fell over

• Chesterfield are a danger either if they still have a chance to escape or if they are down when we play them and the dreaded 'playing for pride...if they'd played like that for the season we'd have survived' rears it's ugly head.

• I understand Luton will be promoted if they win on Saturday.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I understand Luton will be promoted if they win on Saturday.

Is your mum letting you go to Carlisle then Richie. You'll be late for bedtime.

• @mooneyman there will be an open bus parade.

• Some quotes from Ryan Allsop after Tuesdays game, taken from -https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/april/180418-allsop-wwfc/ -

"It was clear that they had come here to sit back and play for the point or even try and nick it" - What! So you think maybe we should have come with a game plan to be wide open and get beaten?

“I think that’s one of the busiest I’ve been and we didn’t hit the standards expected from us tonight. They’re a decent team and they are effective with what they do.” - So our tactics of sitting back and maybe nicking it, which stopped you playing but created chances for us, worked almost perfectly.for us I'd say.

Discuss

• another rubbish keeper, Id rather have brown cos neither come off there line.

• Where line?

• There line. There keeper. This slap on head.

• There's too much butter on those trays.

• This thread is loosing it's way...

• Someone mention Nazis or sex robots and we can shut it down.

• A google image search for "nazi sex robot" is surprisingly disappointing.

• edited April 2018

Well, the Luftwaffe diverted all the research funds for the Me262 and shut the sex robot factory down. As the Me262 failed to turn the tide of the war, if they had left the scientists alone we would have not only landed on the Moon, but the fifties might have been much more fun.

• @drcongo said:
    A google image search for "nazi sex robot" is surprisingly disappointing.

I am sure they will be available soon. You seem to have a large choice already.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/2084051/robot-sex-doll-sex-brothel-paris-cost-south-london/