Skip to content

The Opposition View - Crawley Town

13»

Comments

• Not confusion @Chris, just somehow doesn't seem correct. I think it's all age related really, as we older folk observe as the language evolves. It can feel a little unsettling. After all if we go back to the 1920's we'd probably be hard pushed to even understand our language then!

• How about incorrect use of the word like as a punctuation mark, as in ‘I was like stressed out so I said like what’s the problem like’?

• "Well......yunno!"

• It’s the modern ‘Know what I mean?’!

• @glasshalffull said:
    It’s the modern ‘Know what I mean?’!

'arry!

• "Literally" followed by any phase you like that is not be taken literally.

• Living in America, I promise you they work harder at butchering our fair language this side of the pond.

• That railway station / train station is a very strange one.

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say the first one. Seriously archaic sounding

• It must be a generation thing and you're obviously not my age @Malone.

• Switching back to the original theme of this thread, curious that Kewell’s brand of superior football saw them concede 5 goals at home to Cheltenham today.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Switching back to the original theme of this thread, curious that Kewell’s brand of superior football saw them concede 5 goals at home to Cheltenham today.

They should have all been disallowed for fouls on my players and we were denied 2 clear penalties.

• You know what you're going to get with Cheltenham...