Skip to content

Fans Council meeting

For anyone coming, the meeting is no longer tonight, as was advertised, but has been moved to Wednesday 28 Feb, 7:30pm in Monty's.

Comments

• I fully agree the food is now terrible. I used to eat in the Vere till that deteriorated, I then went outside which was a slight improvement. However that as you say is now just as bad. I make sure I eat before I come out.

• Will do @StrongestTeam. At the Swindon game, food ran out in the Woodlands Lounge by 6:15, they had only sent over a tin of 20 portions, but it didn't even stretch that far. Why the club decided to provide less food than normal, for a game they were predicting as the biggest midweek gate for seven years, is unknown as yet. Hopefully an answer will be provided at the next meeting. So the club decided to get in emergency supplies of burgers from a kiosk, and I have to say I found the 6 ouncer rather good.

• @mooneyman said:
    I fully agree the food is now terrible. I used to eat in the Vere till that deteriorated, I then went outside which was a slight improvement. However that as you say is now just as bad. I make sure I eat before I come out.

Yesterday they ran out of salt. Just order a shed load - it doesn’t go off!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Can't make it but please pass on that the food in the terrace yesterday was worse than the football, I'm genuinely surprised you can make a cheeseburger and a hot chocolate taste that bad , normally don't bother with the food in the ground, won't bother again. If anything it's getting worse year on year.

Had a cheeseburger from the terrace yesterday and spent half my night in the bathroom. I'm putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but....

• Many years ago I took the decision not to eat food sold at football grounds. I've never really regretted it

• Hope the meeting is a good one. It's always struck me as odd these types of things are scheduled in the same week as a home game as it makes it a tougher sell to get two nights out. I've chosen the game this time which is a shame as the food in the Woodlands stand is a very big point.
    Only one of the two kiosks served food for the Swindon game but yesterday both did and the signs had not been taken down. After having nothing ready for the midweek they had loads yesterday. Hope it met hygiene regulations as mine wasn't above Luke warm.

Also popped in the the shop to look around. What a strange mix of small and 3XL sizes in most ranges. Couldn't find a single thing to buy despite wanting to.

• The meeting is normally scheduled for the last Thursday of the month @Right_in_the_Middle, which was last Thursday.
    However for one reason or another got moved this month. Admittedly, on the week of a home game isn't necessarily the best idea.

• edited February 2018

Is the 'for one reason or another' public knowledge and is it likely to happen again? Given work commitments and not living on the doorstep these meetings aren't just a drop in decision for me.
    Thanks for the update though.

• On the subject of the catering, I went and got in the queue for a cup of tea at the Family Stand kiosk (terrace end) 3 minutes before half-time yesterday. The queue at that time was not particularly long. The second had kicked off by the time I got served. I'm sure several people who were queuing behind me gave up and went back to their seats empty handed.

• The length of the q''s has always put me off eating in the ground. Amazed that the club don't seem to cotton on to the idea that, surely food sales will increase for a night match? A fair few fans will come direct from work. Ad such the demand for food will rise from the norm?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Is the 'for one reason or another' public knowledge and is it likely to happen again? Given work commitments and not living on the doorstep these meetings aren't just a drop in decision for me.
    Thanks for the update though.

To be completely honest I'm not sure what the reason is in this case.

• Though I may take a drink I never eat me dinner at the cinema or the footy. If they have trouble making pre-mixed hit drinks work...