Skip to content

Ainsworth to Barnsley

Comments

• Sorry, can't leave it

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    The country is falling to its knees because of p.c. attitudes.

Possibly, against stiff competition, the single stupidest sentence on the GasRoom this week.

• A load of cobblers indeed @arnos_grove.
    Any suggestion that GA might be tempted to move on before the summer seems to me to reflect poor judgement on the part of anyone thinking that could be a possibility. Unless I have misjudged the man (which I very much doubt) believing such rumours/speculation is to insult his integrity, commitment and emotional intelligence.

• edited February 2018

Really? It's notoriously difficult to get a break in the top 2 divisions as a lower league manager, and I know we're going well right now, but nothing is guaranteed in terms of promotion, and we are limited in terms of how far we can go.... We simply don't have the resources to be a huge force in league 1.

Also, no matter how much he loves it here, if they offer him triple the wage on a two/ three year deal it'll be hard to turn down, more money and more profile.

• We'll find out soon enough. Heckingbottom now confirmed at Leeds.

Personally I doubt he will end up at Barnsley but sorry micra, if the option came up and he accepted it, I certainly wouldn't be doubting his integrity or commitment.

• Gary Monk is the favourite and he is a better manager than GA.

• Despite wanting to go back to the golden age before political correctness brought the country to its knees @Blue_since_1990 is a better Gasroom poster than @rmjlondon.

• @Onlooker said:
    Beginning to look ominous.....at the time we look most likely to finally achieve under his management

Finally achieve under his management? You’ve obviously forgotten the play off final season.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Gary Monk is the favourite and he is a better manager than GA.

On what basis do you make that assumption?

• @Username I think that's what everyone is saying...if they make him a huge offer he might go...but there is also a risk when you go to a club in danger from a club looking positive. And of course, there are a lot of managers with experience out there like Monk and, say, Nathan Jones....My gut feeling is...he will want a promotion on his CV then he will move on, but obviously I'm not an insider like some of the folks on here.

• Of no consequence at all, but SkyBet have GA at 10-1. As Richie says, Monk is favourite at 4-1, along with Paul Harsley (who?) and Simon Grayson. Steve Evans is 8-1.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

Nearly a 200% book there. Superb

• edited February 2018

It's not always about the money you know. There are many other things to factor in. For example: Moving family up North/Yorkshire? I believe Gareth has children, so he might not want to uproot them at their current education stage & possibly not be prepared to commute to be a part time family man. Job security, pretty nailed on here, but could be out of work inside 12 months. The extra salary may not compensate enough? Will Barnsley take on Gareths preferred back room staff and if they do, will those staff be prepared to take the gamble?
    Obviously, I would prefer he and his team stay put & that preference isn't made on the emotion of this season but his whole tenure at the club, including as a player.

• yeah, it's amazing that people just forget that football managers have to consider these things just the same as any of us would if offered a job hundreds of miles away

• He wont be offered it end of

• @rmjlondon said:
    He wont be offered it end of

Ah well, if you say "end of", we may as well close the thread.

• Jones and Cowley both more likey than GA

• Well if Ainsworth does go I hope @glasshalffull has been spending good quality time networking in toilets recently.

• Don’t get nasty Oakwood. We don’t want bullying or Trolls on here. Better reserve your nasty comments for Facebook brigade. You need to remember that everyone doesn’t have the same view of life as you. Maybe you would be happier with us all being pc robots and follow the flock.

I would never comment on any of your posts in such a manner, even if I thought they were stupid and I suspect you have posted a few of them.

• @aloysius said:
    Well if Ainsworth does go I hope glasshalffull has been spending good quality time networking in toilets recently.

What????

• Hi @Blue_since_1990. It's probably not worth pointing out that your post is actually more aggressive than mine and also more ad hominem.

• We don’t want bullying or Trolls on here. Better reserve your nasty comments for Facebook brigade. You need to remember that everyone doesn’t have the same view of life as you.

How very PC.

• That’s more like it Chris. I have always had a personal computer.

• edited February 2018

@glasshalffull I've no idea why you were singled out for the comment (*) but your reaction suggests you may not be aware of the legend and so you may think it's more offensive than it may have been meant to be! Something about how MO'N was recommended to Ivor Beeks back when Adam was a lad. Others will know better than me I have no doubt.

(* Unless of course @aloysius knows that in fact you are Ivor Beeks...)

• @aloysius @StrongestTeam thanks for that I also thought the thread had taken a strange and unsavoury turn!

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    glasshalffull I've no idea why you were singled out for the comment (*) but your reaction suggests you may not be aware of the legend and so you may think it's more offensive than it may have been meant to be! Something about how MO'N was recommended to Ivor Beeks back when Adam was a lad. Others will know better than me I have no doubt.

(* Unless of course aloysius knows that in fact you are Ivor Beeks...)

I have now been ‘outed’ as Richie, Ivor Beeks and someone who hangs around in toilets. I’ve heard of a split personality but this is getting ridiculous!

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

Is it true that Ivor Beeks was once found hanging around the toilets of the Rye swimming pool calling himself Richie?

• Ha! Not Ivor Beeks - I still reckon @glasshalffull is Alan Parry. Richie is Ivor Beeks.