Skip to content

Winning with 10 men

After trying to calm myself down, in what was possibbly one of the most bizarre
and topsy turvy games that i have ever witnessed the Wanderers take part in.
Ive been watching the Wanderers for over 40 years, and am struggling to recall a
time when we have trailed with 10 men, and gone onto win ?
Can any Statto, historian, confirm the last time this happened ?

Comments

• that Huddersfield game at home (94/95), where Garner scored the winner. I'm sure we were a goal down with 10 men. Great game. As was today's.

• edited February 2018

The game v Huddersfield at home when Garry Patterson was sent off at 1-0 down? Coming back to win 2-1

Second season in the league, so 94/95?

Whether that's the last time, someone with more memory will have to judge!

• thats also the game where Cousin's got punched by a huddersfield fan...

• It was 1-1 when Simmo was sent off.

• To score twice with 10 men in injury time too...

• And winning on pens would be a completely different situation too...

• Thanks for the Huddersfield reminder, but now you statto's juices are flowing.
    When was the last time we scored two goals in injury time, to recover a deficit ?
    or what was the latest time in a game that we have come from behind to win ?

• Wasn't there a game at AP against Dagenham, maybe ten years ago, when we were 1-0 down with ten men and won 2-1? I can't remember if that's what happened but I've a vague feeling it was!

• Telford at home 1991. We scored two late goals to come from behind. Seem to remember them being in injury time but not sure. West got the winner

• @QuarteredChair We were 1-0 up in that game, then it was 1-1 so we never came from behind.

• Goals past 90 are rare for your own team.
    2 past 90 is just madness to be measured in decades.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

I hate to quibble on this most glorious of days, but Wimbledon was the ultimate, 'trailed with ten men and went on to win' game.

• @ChasHarps, Jan '86, two goals in the last two minutes to win 3-2 at Gola League Leaders Enfield, Westy with the winner. Given the status of the opponents and the fact that we were under siege for most of the match, it was probably a more remarkable come-back than today.

• M3GM3G
    edited February 2018

@Steve_Peart Bloody hell had forgotten that one. But it's one I know @ChasHarps and myself remember as we've often spoken about it!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Thanks for the Huddersfield reminder, but now you statto's juices are flowing.
    When was the last time we scored two goals in injury time, to recover a deficit ?
    or what was the latest time in a game that we have come from behind to win ?

Crewe at home this season isn't far off