Skip to content

New signing - Randell Williams

Comments

• Injured i believe, saw this from the preview on official website before the Morecambe game.
    "Team news Gareth Ainsworth has no fresh injury worries, with Sam Saunders, Sido Jombati, Michael Harriman, Scott Kashket, Anthony Stewart and Randell Williams all edging closer to a return."

• I'm also intrigued by McGinley's omission from the squad last night. He showed absolutely no sign of injury on Saturday. Surely he wouldn't have been sent back to Middlesbrough, despite the poor performance?

Also, that phantom goalkeeper was training on the pitch with us before the Crewe match but I've not seen him since. All very curious.

• I heard that he picked up an injury in training and returned to Watford for treatment but is still technically on loan to Wycombe. I must stress that this was at least second hand hearsay. I would have thought it reasonable for the club to officially confirm the situation if indeed it is fact.

• I also heard that he picked up an injury and is receiving treatment at Watford because it's nearer to where he lives.
    Actually see no reason for the club to comment. They very rarely do comment on injuries as it's seen as tactical information. Why tell your opposition who is and who isn't available.

• Simply for reassurance, if appropriate, that he is not out for the season and that we might in the foreseeable future be able to field seven subs. The sight of only six subs on the team sheet for several successive games is disturbing in the context of a potential fixture pile-up.

• Hardly tactically significant in the case of a player whose not played a game for us.

• Injured but wouldn't get in the team ahead of CMS or Freeman so long way down the pecking order.

• @aloysius said:
    I'm also intrigued by McGinley's omission from the squad last night. He showed absolutely no sign of injury on Saturday. Surely he wouldn't have been sent back to Middlesbrough, despite the poor performance?

Also, that phantom goalkeeper was training on the pitch with us before the Crewe match but I've not seen him since. All very curious.

The phantom keeper was on the pitch pre match warm up last night, not with Brown & Yves but being used for target practice in goal for strikers, when adobo dies that bounce ball drill.

• Nathan is injured, he took a knock against Morecambe.

• @Malone said:
    whose?

Well spotted @Malone. The biter bit.

• The biter is bit?

• @mooneyman said:
    The biter is bit?

Yes, I’m usually the one to pick up typists.

• Well, there you go. Predictive strikes again. I did of course mean “typos”.

• M’lud

• Rendell played last night for Watford U23 after recovering from a thigh injury. He is now back training with our squad. COYB

• for a moment there I thought Ruth was finally on his way back! (You know what I'm saying without me actually saying it...)

• @Wendoverman You do seem rather obsessed with referencing a certain troll more than needs be. Your last four posts have all been about him. If you think you need to keep referencing him maybe the game isn't working as well as you thought.

• Not obsession, just a wry reference no doubt relating to your misspelling of Randell Williams’ name. @Wendoverman’s comments re @rmjlondon came at a time when the latter was, for him, particularly prolix.
    Good to hear that a pacey striker is back in the fold.

• I have to come clean at this point. I couldn’t be arsed (sorry @Croider) to look back at previous posts.

• Talking of thigh injuries, I wonder how Scott Kashket’s thigh strain is progressing? (Wasn’t sure whether this post should be in the Definitive ex-Players thread.)
    I believe Scott’s last start was on 6 May 2017 against this week’s opponents. He scored the only goal in front of 6313 fans - a crowd boosted by a “pop-up Indie music festival” before the game. Kashket “was everywhere” in the first half and scored the winning goal in the 65th minute.
    I’ve no record of the size of the Cambridge contingent that day but probably substantially more than will attend on Saturday.

• @Right_in_the_Middle having been on the receiving end of some of his nastier shining wit, I make no apologies for amusing myself trolling a troll. I'll stop if it upsets you though. (I doubt he reads the ones that don't include his username(s) though.) There's nothing prolix about me @micra I've been tested.

• This guy has done so little for our cause, I must admit that I thought his surname was Randall.

Now I realise it was someone particularly overfamiliar referring to him by his first name. Which i again, now realise is actually Randell.

What a carry on.

• @Wendoverman : please re-read my post. I was referring (referencing in current ugly parlance!) a post from @rmjlondon that ran to half a dozen lines - prolix by his standards. But I appreciate your quip.

• Give the guy a chance @Malone. He got injured in training a couple of weeks after he arrived and returned to Watford for treatment and rehabilitation. To say he has done so little for our cause seems a little uncalled for.

• @micra I gotcha...but any chance for a quip and I'm there.

• edited March 2018

@micra, no, i'm standing by it. You're not the boss of me son :)

• OK dad, you win again.

• @Maline: In a spirit of reconciliation and out of respect for your paternal attitude, I would welcome your help in the matter of editing posts on my iPhone.

(I note that you re-thought your post of 2.15pm and, after an hour’s reflection, edited it accordingly.)

• Stop tagging me in posts that don't involve me please.