Skip to content

New signing - Tafari Moore

Comments

• @micra. Inevitable.
    You cannot storm in at that level and continue it, or we'll have one of the all time great league 2 players

• Whilst I agree that "Taffy Moore" had a great debut, it is a bit of a shame for Nathan, that his contribution has been overshadowed. I feel that had he performed as well on the day & been the only debutante, he would have been eulogised a bit more. Nathan got in so many blocks and was so dominant in the 2nd half, it was almost Terry Evanesque. Hope he has as good a game at Gretsy on Saturday.

• @EwanHoosaami Nathan had a good game. For the first 10 minutes he looked a little nervous, his feet got tangled up once or twice but after the goal he settled down well and as you say, made a number of vital blocks.

• I was concerned throughout the early parts of the first half that Col U’s strikers had the beating of both Our centre backs. Both defenders equally struggled early on and both caught under the ball a little (which resulted in the cross they should have scored from)

I thought both recovered well and the passage of play where several blocks were thrown in helped build the confidence massively.

Second half, I could still see col u scoring one, but you could see the defenders growing in confidence. Good signs all round I think!

• edited January 2018

Was the standard 'Mooreo' retired with Bobby? Taff is better than 1970s vintage 'Bean Lookalike'...

• The young centre back certainly turned it round well, but early doors he misjudged 2 or 3 high balls, and he may well have seen red with a different ref!

• What a ray of sunshine you are @Malone
    Days after a young lad makes his Football League debut for a team he's been with hours and you feel the need to remind us all about his first 15 mins where he made a couple of errors.
    Thanks for that. He'll stay grounded with support like that. Thankfully others are much more positive and see what a great game he had in the circumstances.

• @Right_in_the_Middle Malone's comment was perfectly reasonable. I for one want to participate in a forum which has balanced, nuanced debate, not some North Korean propaganda factory. Part and parcel of that is pointing out when a player made an error.

• I thought he was at Arsenal from 12 year old?

• That's a fair game summary of McGinley, he was clearly really nervous for the first 20 minutes, but grew into the game. Fully understandable on your professional debut, and once he got over that (and wasn't sent off!) he played really well.

• edited January 2018

So there @Right_in_the_Middle . Once again, called out by others for your bid to bully / try and rule other gasroomers.

You might want to read my view on Moore, who i couldn't stop raving about.
    I've made other posts praising plenty from McGinley's game , but the recent posts were airbushing some fairly key details out that needed balance

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    I thought he was at Arsenal from 12 year old?

Yes - from 2009.

• Just my opinion @Malone . I just cut the young man more slack. No attempt to bully but if you react this way every time someone disagrees with you I can see how you might be so quick to accuse. No offence intended and I'm sure Nathan is fully aware of his mistakes in a nervous first 15 mins. He didn't let it bother him. It didn't bother me either.

• EVERYONE IS OVERREACTING EXCEPT ME!

• If people are going to put their views on here willy-nilly, people are bound to either agree or disagree and it's all going to go to pot.

• I thought McGinley did very well considering it was his first game in senior football. I was impressed by how committed he was and he knew his limitations. No fancy stuff, just blocks and clearances and honest endeavour.
    Totally different sort of player to Moore but excellent in what he needed to do.

• there's been a lot of talk about these two youngsters, and rightly so, but what about the work rate of some of the elder statesmen in the side.

We had CMS, Bloomfield and Akinfenwa all defending from the front, giving their players no time on the ball whatsoever. Not a flashy part of the game, and it won't appear on any youtube compilations but it was sheer will to win and willingness to put in some hard graft for their team. I thought it was wonderful

• @eric_plant I'm with you there (though a couple of times Bloomy was the furthest player forward when I would have preferred one of the other two!) CMS and the Beast giving it all and having Tyson on the bench is a boost. My only concern is PCH, goal aside, whose passing seemed a bit iffy and looks a bit light-weight. Glad he got a goal though.

• CMS was brilliant. Not sure I understand the Bloomers role. Bayo superb.

• CMS is just a wonderful footballer. What a signing

• Our first eleven are good footballers who have done a great job so far and long may it continue. (touch wood) It's hard for even the trollist of trolls to carp about GA's signings this year whatever happens.

• Tyson, CMS, the loanees. Full marks for those with El Abd a wholly defensible effort. Just looking through the list on the club website, it looks like we only have 20 contracted players, counting Muller but not counting the three defensive loanees (so 22 players in the active squad currently, counting the loanees and not counting Muller). No wonder we're struggling to get more than four or five on the bench!

• @HCblue said:
    Tyson, CMS, the loanees. Full marks for those with El Abd a wholly defensible effort. Just looking through the list on the club website, it looks like we only have 20 contracted players, counting Muller but not counting the three defensive loanees (so 22 players in the active squad currently, counting the loanees and not counting Muller). No wonder we're struggling to get more than four or five on the bench!

Aston Villa won the First Div (top division then) in 1980 with just fouteen players making an appearance all season , how the game has changed.

• Im pretty sure none of our defenders would have fancied facing Tony Morley, he was on fire that season.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    CMS was brilliant. Not sure I understand the Bloomers role. Bayo superb.

Blooms played the more forward role in the 'Kashket' winning run last session, often running into the channels. Against Colchester he was doing some of that but almost seemed to have a Klopp gegenpresse brief which he carried out excellently along with the other forward players

• EssexWanderer - with Bloomers being the most advanced of the midfield three, it leaves us pretty open as he really hasn’t got the pace to tuck back in when the opposition breaks forward. Although you cannot fault his effort, I would much prefer to see Gape or Bean anchoring the midfield, leaving Saunders to do the play- maker role and Luke doing the box tobox stuff.

• The current midfield selection is a great example of where I have to concede my ignorance and acknowledge that the manager knows more and has a lot more experience and expertise than me. I feel exactly the same as @Blue_since_1990 but assume, and trust I guess, that Gareth knows what he's up to!

• If he can officially be called 'Taffy', then there's only one song we could possibly sign for him

Tafari Moore
    Tafari Moore
    Feed the Taff and he will score!
    Feed the Taff and he will score!

• Why not sing it?!

• @micra said:
    Why not sing it?!

Perhaps he is deaf?