Skip to content

New signing - Tafari Moore

Comments

• Moore was simply exceptional McGinley was a taste of what we have missed this season - fight. We have been blessed down the years with centre halves willing to put everything on the line and this lad was a throw back to the golden era. I like a crafted defender but the joy of a block tackle and putting your boot through the ball is something special.
    Reading GA’s comments about what it took to get them there was really interesting. Happy days indeed.

• I agree with RightInTheMiddle about him defensively as he was turned rather easily most of the match.whether this is speed or effort related I’m not certain

• @marlowchair said:
    I agree with RightInTheMiddle about him defensively as he was turned rather easily most of the match.whether this is speed or effort related I’m not certain

Effort related? Not sure what you mean by that. Don’t forget this was a young lad with no experience of senior football and up against a very good winger with over 100 games on his CV. Moore didn’t even have time to learn the names of all his team mates so why not accentuate the things he did so well?

• I doubt very much that it’s speed related.

• I wasn’t criticising just following on from RightInTheMiddle comment about him defensively.it appears his strength is going forward and skills rather than marking or blocking attacks.there are some overly sensitive and righteous posters on here at the moment.shame

• @glasshalffull shouldn't that be "SHAME"?

• Just to clarify I thought Moore looked a great prospect. He is a modern day full back who wants to attack. I thought positionally he relied on his pace to recover but only being with the team for hours that can't be criticised. He didn't look to enjoy a tackle but blocked really well. If he could do all these things he would be world class.

What a great athlete though with a great first touch and endeavour that will help him in the future. I'm excited to see him grow like Eze did.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    glasshalffull shouldn't that be "SHAME"?

Excuse me?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I saw it more that Moore was happy to let the defender try and ouy pace him and go past - he was confident in his own pace to keep pace and put the necessary tackle in. I don’t remember a time the winger was able to put an unchallenged cross in all game.

He also was clever enough not to get too tight so that if the defender was cutting inside he was able to cover that as well.

Given, as said, he hardly had time to learn the names of the people playing along side him he did very well on the defensive side of the game as well as attacking.

• @marlowchair said:
    I wasn’t criticising just following on from RightInTheMiddle comment about him defensively.it appears his strength is going forward and skills rather than marking or blocking attacks.there are some overly sensitive and righteous posters on here at the moment.shame

If his defensive strength was as good as he appears to be going forward, he would have been loaned out to a team higher in the pyramid.

• The man has played for Arsenal most of his career, of course he doesn't know how to tackle! That's why he's been sent here, a sort-of reverse finishing school. As long as he gets a few assists each match it won't matter if he's not the best tackler in the squad.

• According to google his contract runs out on summer and unlikely to be renewed. Appears he is playing for a deal elsewhere - who knows maybe at ww.

• @DevC said:
    According to google his contract runs out on summer and unlikely to be renewed. Appears he is playing for a deal elsewhere - who knows maybe at ww.

We can but dream, if he performs that we'll consistently, surely the Championship beckons?

• Via League 1 perhaps? Two dreams for the price of one.

• Know.what.your saying @micra but the gulf in class between L1 & the Championship is big as well as the money.

• A really uplifting debut. For the defense to look more reliable with two debutants says it all - and we were being properly tested too, as Colchester ran at us all game. A great advert for League Two football, and very impressed with Moore.

• Moore is the sort of player I can't wait to see again.
    And that's fairly rare at league 2 level i'd suggest.

• @Malone said:
    Moore is the sort of player I can't wait to see again.
    And that's fairly rare at league 2 level i'd suggest.

Eze in the first part of the season and Moore in the second, goodness me we're very lucky at the moment.

• Let's go surfin' now
    Everybody's learning how
    Come on and Tafari with me

• @eric_plant said:
    Let's go surfin' now
    Everybody's learning how
    Come on and Tafari with me

Moore Moore Moore
    How d’ya like it? How d’ya like it?
    Moore Moore Moore

• @ValleyWanderer, once we got through that Torquay game, Gaz's signings have all on the whole been incredible stuff.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Moore Moore Moore

Rather than "How d'ya like it?", how about "He's our right-back. He's our right-back"?

• And evidently my quoting skills on the gasroom leave a lot to be desired.

• "With a Chairboys yell, I cried Moore, Moore Moore"

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Moore was simply exceptional McGinley was a taste of what we have missed this season - fight. We have been blessed down the years with centre halves willing to put everything on the line and this lad was a throw back to the golden era. I like a crafted defender but the joy of a block tackle and putting your boot through the ball is something special.
    Reading GA’s comments about what it took to get them there was really interesting. Happy days indeed.

I thought the interview was interesting too. Sounds like he and Dobbo are putting in a lot of hours watching (live and taped) youth/reserve team games to find suitable loan targets. Given that we have had some truly excellent loanees over the last few seasons I think it fair to say that hard work is paying off.

• In homage to the best known Rasta of them all, could steal that Plymouth song

Tafari (clap clap) he's on the wing (clap clap clap)
    And every little things gonna be all right

I'll get my coat.

• To the tune “Volare”
    “Tafari ohh oh”
    “Dan Scarry oh ohh oh oh”

• Just auditioned myself @BuckinghamBlue.
    Didn’t go too well but I’m no Dean Martin!

• To 'Summer Days' from Grease;

Taffy Moore, Taffy Moore,
    On the Wanderers right,
    Taffy Moore, Taffy Moore,
    He makes Szmodics look sh*te.

(Disclaimer: This is not a serious suggestion.)