Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

BSEBSE
edited November 2017 in Football

Comments

• It's a Northern exiles invasion.

• Oldham and Manchester branches ready to go, apparently

• On the radar, it looks like the really heavy rain has remained south of Accrington, so fingers crossed for tonight.

• Forgot to add........COYB!

• M3GM3G
    edited November 2017

The kids they come from everywhere High Wycombes all around. Scotland, Liverpool, Oldham, Rochdale, Blackpool, Leeds to name a few. Never forget the Nantwich.

• Annoyingly I’m in London with work so will miss this one. Enjoy the plentiful leg room.

• Five players on the bench again then.

• Just saw that myself. Same starting eleven but no Saunders or Freeman on the bench. Please don't let us have MORE injuries!

• Correction. Freeman is on the bench. And Sido's starting. So it's Saunders and Gape who aren't in the squad.

• Don't think Saunders can play two games a week nowadays.

• Saunders is ill according to the official Twitter.

• Gape is out due to personal problems according to Matt Cecil on BBC 3CR

• Good luck tonight. Leatherhead fan

• edited November 2017

Thanks, @russ. Your 500 tickets already sold outnumbers Crawley on Saturday by three to one! I see you've also got a game tonight. Good luck!

• Thanks Russ. Think we’ll need it! Only 5 subs.

• Largely boring half so far but Jombati is looking good replacing Gape. Great chance early CMS from a lovely JJ pass but he couldn’t finish it

Accrington are starting to pressure us now 30 minutes

• 40 minutes sorry

• Leatherhead has two sent off in the first 17 minutes but are currently level with Lowestoft.

• We're loosing 3-1

• 65 minutes still 0-0 very dour but Southwell warning up now

• Actually changed his mind and has hooked Adam Al Abd for Dan scarr not sure why

• Terrible goal to concede PCH mind not on the job

• Very disappointing by a few players tonight

• Bench was very poor tonight with very few options...hope CMS not injuted....southwell.simply not gppd enough

• Scruffy when in possession compared to accy who kept hold of it well. Too many players slicing it or playing lazy, looped in the air balls when we needed to try and be brave on the ball.

• On to Saturday then. It's also my birthday on Saturday so hoping for a 3 point present from the Blues.

• We really do struggle against the top sides thats defeats against Notts County, Luton, Swindon and Accrington.

• @floyd said:
    Leatherhead has two sent off in the first 17 minutes but are currently level with Lowestoft.

Sammy Moore (player manager) and formidable striker Jack Midson. Haven’t heard whether they are suspended for one or more matches. It would be disastrous for Leatherhead (and their fans) if they miss the cup game.

• So what though. Are we suddenly wanting them to do well?

• edited November 2017

@ValleyWanderer said:
    On to Saturday then. It's also my birthday on Saturday so hoping for a 3 point present from the Blues.

Happy birthday @ValleyWanderer! It was mine for the Crawley game, and they came through. Maybe if enough of us have Saturday birthdays this year...