Skip to content

iFollow Income

2»

Comments

• good . Empty stadiums while everyone watches from home would kill the spectacle. While it may be nice for those like me who live far away, to be avoided at all costs.

• Well, I like it.

• @micra, any chance to explain exactly how you access the whole match (as you mention above). I've looked and never seen this option.
    I have no interest in using VPN and logging in from a bogus overseas location - although I know how it works!

• @micra, I should have said that I am an ifollow UK subscriber and already listen to match commentary and watch highlights. However, I've never seen it documented on either the EFL ifollow pages or elsewhere any mention of the ability to watch full matches in the UK other than the VPN route.

• Well, funny you guys have raised the issue of whole matches. I just went into the iFollow app to check how I got to the full re-run. You click on “Results”at the bottom of the page, then onto “Full Replay”. But I’d only been watching for a few minutes when a message popped up “to watch this content please upgrade your account “.At that point I cursed and started to wonder why I’d made such efforts to encourage more people to chip in.

• Since I've now work it out, I'll share what I did in case others are as stupid as me! Using the mobile app: -
    1) Turn off show scores - option found in the drop-down menu top left hand corner
    2) Select Results at bottom of the screen
    3) Scroll through results and below each match is the option of Full Replay

• @micra, oh b****r. I've only just worked it out!!!!!

• On a desktop PC:-
    1) Under the Matches drop-down menu select Results
    2) Scroll down and select Match Report
    3) Select Watch Now

I've not found the option to turn off the scores on PC. Does anyone know how to do that?

• @Twizz - I've been trying to figure out turning off the scores from a desktop since the start of the season to no avail. iFollow told me direct they have not got it set up yet. It seems like it is only the app that will keep the score a mystery.

• @micra Thanks for your instructions, which you posted while I was working it out and writing the reply to my own question. FYI I did manage to watch about 15 minutes without any issue, then I stopped. I'll see if it works this weekend v Crawley

@Shev, I had a feeling that might be the case ... Thanks anyway. Just have to watch it on a smaller screen than I'd like.

• @DevC said:
    good . Empty stadiums while everyone watches from home would kill the spectacle. While it may be nice for those like me who live far away, to be avoided at all costs.

Thanks, Dev for pouring cold water on something which has the potential to bring in many thousands of pounds. And, please, don’t go off on one of your statistics-ridden diatribes (or any other variety). Life’s too short.

• @micra Doesn’t take many season ticket holders to switch to ifollow for it to be financially net negative, disregarding Dev’s point about atmosphere.

• One season ticket holder would do it wouldn't it?

• What's wrong with Dev's criticism? I entirely agree. Allowing full broadcast of matches live to UK subscribers would affect ticket sales and reduce the atmosphere. I live in London and suspect I would make far fewer trips to Adams Park if that facility were available legally - I know of others who have already stopped coming thanks to the VPN workaround.

• depends on how many subscribers there are who ordinarily wouldn't go to games

• it's dreary though isn't it, watching a game on a computer screen at home?

I watched that Barnet FA Cup match a few years ago that was being broadcast in North America for some reason. It was an awful way to watch. Didn't even make it to the end of the first half

Football, especially at the level at which we play, is about so much more than just the game on the pitch. Reducing it just to that is to say that the Mona Lisa is just a bit of paint on a bit of canvas, or Beethoven's 5th is a collection of sounds

• Most likely it's best they don't ever show every game live, it'd surely be bound to affect game going numbers at our levels, where there's only a finite amount to fill the ground - unlike the Premier league's giants.

I dare say it wouldn't actually put the hard core away match goers off though. It takes a certain incredible commitment to regularly go to the furthest aways! So i doubt they'd just click a screen on and watch on their own anyway.

• Soon they will just get a computer to simply collate the results for the lower leagues for the betting syndicates. No football necessary and we can just all watch NorthWest City United play Chelsea Ham Rangers every week via Satellite from San Francisco.

• With the influence of the gambling companies coming more important as we outlaw other advertising there has to be a chance that people will be able to bet on computer produced imaginary matches soon like the race nights of old.

Live events are always so much better but now so many watch gigs behind a phone whilst they film it or try to video theatre performances. I really worry about the youth of today. They are missing so much by simply not looking up.

• When I read DevC ‘s post regarding empty stadiums, it was around midnight. I was tired and irritable - well, more so than usual - and because his post was the first on page 2 I was unaware of the context.
    I now know that his comment was predicated on the fairly unlikely prospect of matches being shown live. My thoughts were based purely on the status quo and the idea of people giving up season tickets hadn’t crossed my mind.

• At least no-one spends their time holding their phones or tablets up in front of me during a match yet...however famous Bayo may be!

• Well @Wendoverman it's because at the moment when we're going forward it's fun to watch and when we're defending we've all got our hands over our eyes.

Which is another reason for not watching on ifollow. It is the stuff of nightmares

• I was amazed to see exactly what @Right_in_the_Middle describes there at a Premier league game recently.

The home team got a pen, and about 50 people in the rows in front of me had their phones out.
    Unbelievable.

I remember the days when i was told "no photos when the players are on the pitch" in the late 90s!
    Imagine trying to police that now.

• @micra I'm a newcomer to the gasroom and was interested to read your comments re ifollow. The guy you refer to on the facebook page is a well known moaner (plenty of them on there!) and although they've had some teething problems I have found it to be a decent new service.

• @bookertease some nail on the head hitting there to be sure. I must admit I watch less and less football when I'm not viewing it in 3D and HD at Adams Park so for that reason I won't be investing in iFollow. I'm out.

• Your eyesight is clearly better than mine @Wendoverman. I no longer have HD vision I’m afraid and often have to enquire “who crossed that?” or “who got that one?”