Skip to content

Tyson - months rather than weeks

2»

Comments

• well that wasn't under Ainsworth which was the question !!

• Having sustained a similar injury myself I have some concern that at 35 Tyson may struggle to fully recover. There can be the feeling that it 'isn't quite right' again and it takes a while to build up confidence in the strength of the joint again, especially when twisting and turning, which is obviously important in his position.

Hopefully my concerns are unfounded and he can make a full recovery.

Of course any injury creates opportunities for others. Umerah looks very capable, Freeman may get more game time and we have Kashkett and Paris to return. Perhaps Southwell will even get another chance to show what he can do.

• I share those sentiments completely @Glenactico. I really fear that Nathan Tyson's injury, particularly the way it happened, could be career threatening. So sad. But, as you say, his absence does open up opportunities for other very capable attacking players.

• It really is a terribly sad thing to have happened so early in his comeback season. He has really been looking like he's loving being back at Wycombe and that Crewe goal seemed like such a statement.

• It isn't a cruciate ligament though is it? If it was that one - the dreaded injury, then i would agree with you, but it's another ligament, which while a massive blow shouldn't rule him out with a pro recovery team should it?

With all due respect it's massively different to a park footballer, or a sedentary guy who won't have anywhere near the same level of conditioning themselves, or pro team looking after them.

• Harriman & Tyson must have been so elated after scoring those two late goals against Crewe.

Fast forward a few days and they're out for months. It's a cruel game sometimes.

• With regard to that earlier comment about Umerah's loan probably being extended to the end of the season, this looks a bit ominous:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

• Not so sure if you look beyond the headline. Josh is happy, Gareth is happy. The player is getting the development he needs.

Interesting the positive influence Bayo is seen to have off the field internally and externally. I have seen this in a few places now. With much talk over the last 18 months about Hayes and Bloomfield being Gareth's potential medium term replacements, is it possible in fact that WWFC next manager has in fact been hiding in plain sight?

• It does indeed. We would of course bend over backwards to please Karl Robinson.

• Gareth aside when was the last time we promoted a player to manager? One for the stattos!

• @Malone said:
    It isn't a cruciate ligament though is it? If it was that one - the dreaded injury, then i would agree with you, but it's another ligament, which while a massive blow shouldn't rule him out with a pro recovery team should it?

With all due respect it's massively different to a park footballer, or a sedentary guy who won't have anywhere near the same level of conditioning themselves, or pro team looking after them.

Very true. All fair points. I suppose it is just his age and the fact he's a players that races around twisting and turning that means I'm more concerned than I would be with other players.

• @fromtheside We have over £13000 so far for the playing budget but are hoping many more will sign up over the coming weeks to boost this figure towards the £75k target. We got a great response from the fans last season and hope that many of them will renew and donate again.

• @DevC If you mean Akinfenwa, he has stated in interviews in the recent past that he has no interest in going into management.