Skip to content

Another signing incoming.....Yves Ma-Kalambay (GK)

13»

Comments

• If it is argued that Richardson is a non contract player due to his coaching contract then wouldn't it be the same if Yves has been given a contract as a "fitness coach"? I am not saying that this has happened, but Yves is running his own business as a personal trainer so it is more likrly than holding a Deckchair concession!

• @DevC @ I thinik i agree that if Brown, Yves or whoever were not employed on a "Professsional Player" contract then we could go sign another keeper.
    BUT we would have no way to ensure Briwn or Yves actually turned up to play since they would be non contract. They could be approached and sign for another club, they could just say "No" I'm not playing this week.
    The point about having a "Professional Playing Contract" is that it's a contract. They would be in breach of that contract if they said "No" (although as with Costa at Chelsea, it's still not a given they would play), they couldn't go sign for another club. The club/player could use the PFA to mediate in any dispute etc. etc..
    A Professional Player Contract has specific meaning and to suggest that we employ regular players on any other basis is ludicrous.
    We have employed certain people on non contract basis for good reason and I'm sure will continue to do so.

• I think Strongest you may be underestimating the difficulty in finding and the value to the squad in having a really good Deckchair Attendant.

In fact without one life can be a bit of a beach.

• Didn't Nikki Bull refuse to play for us despite being under contract. Jermaine Easter was also reluctant to play from my memory.

• @Wig_and_Pen sorry I missed your post at 9:47 while I was composing my own ramblings. Having seen the definition of Professional Goalkeeper - Section 1 of EFL rules - I'm now thinking those actually got posted on here previously. Thanks anyway. I'll file the information for the next time we sign a backup goalkeeper (loan or otherwise) because we always have the same debate when it happens.

• Only issue will be is when he saves a penalty against Bristol Rovers after ET and several minutes of stoppage time and they get their lawyers on to it. Otherwise I reckon we probably have it covered.

• Poor bloke, signs to sit on the bench AND gets the most boring signing thread of all time.

• Maka is an exceptionally good goalie.
    Watched him at Hibs and apart from one well publicised howler when out of frustration he kicked the ball agaiainst an Aberdeen forward ( fully deserving to be awarded a free kick) the ball ended up in his own net.
    If he gets a run in wycombe's first team it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being appreciated and ends up in the higher leagues.
    Great shot stopper, great kicker and comes and takes crosses from places other keepers wouldn't dream of.

• Looking at the videos of training sessions, he looks to have incredible reflexes and to spring across the goalmouth like a cat. I might be tempted to go along to the next home Checkatrade match just to see him in action.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He'll have the same impact in the first XI as Seb Cann-Svard.

• @Croider said:
    He'll have the same impact in the first XI as Seb Cann-Svard.

Have to plead ignorance on that one! But it doesn't sound encouraging.

• There are a couple of you tube videoed of Maka playing for Hibs..they'll give you an idea of what he's capable of.
    I'm really surprised he hasn't been snapped up by a big team years ago!

• He might have been more interested in setting up his fitness training business than actively looking for a new club.

• @micra Sat on the bench for Wycombe (once, I think) during the near disastrous 2013/14 season. Quote from Gareth Ainsworth when he signed: "Sebastian is a welcome addition to the squad, and he knows Jo Kuffour from his Arsenal days, so he’s got a good pedigree." Hmmm(!?).

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2013/october/blues-snap-up-cann-svard/
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2013/october/sebs-battled-back/

• Anyone remember the name of that Scandinavian wonder kid we supposedly signed but then never saw? I remember there were videos of his amazing skills on YouTube.

• I remember him @drcongo . Didn't he score a front-flip penalty or something exactly stupid?

• Not sure how exact stupidity can be. But that sounds like a genuine candidate.

• I've seen some pretty exact examples of stupidity in my time. Richie comes to mind.