Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

edited April 2021 in Football

Formerly known as Wycombe Wanderers Ladies.

Comments

• Can we have a sticky thread for Richies ramblings?

• I'm not sure how to make them stick to the bottom of the list.

• Can we now have a sticky thread for the ladies which isn't corrupted by ramblings about Richie's ramblings?

Also, as I read it, they won't be playing at AP, I think - at least for a few seasons until they hit the heady heights of the WSL.

• Wycombe Wanderers Ladies begin their new era on Sunday in their first game of the new season, having become officially affiliated to the club over the summer.

Having commenced training under new coach Andy McIntosh, the team have enjoyed sessions both at Hazlemere Recreation Ground and the club’s training ground, building up to the big kick-off against Barton Rovers at Lane End Playing Fields on Sunday (k.o. 2pm).

The second game of the Southern League 1st Division North campaign also takes place in Lane End on Sunday 10th September against Wargrave, again with a 2pm kick-off.

Admission is free - the full address is The Row, Lane End, High Wycombe, Bucks HP14 3JR.

Upcoming fixtures:
    03/09/17 - Barton Rovers (H) - 2pm - Lane End Playing Fields
    10/09/17 - Wargrave (H) - 2pm - Lane End Playing Fields
    24/09/17 - Woodley United (A) - 2pm - UofR Bulmershe Pavillion
    01/10/17 - Woodley United (H) - 2pm - Lane End Playing Fields - League Cup
    08/10/17 - Wokingham & Emmbrook (H) - 2pm - Lane End Playing Fields
    29/10/17 - Oxford City Nomads (A) - Court Place Farm Stadium

• Well done @drcongo could we also have a sticky thread dedicated to single handed attempts to market the club

• Right I'm taking back my well done

• How about single-handed marketing attempts by individuals belonging to a minority?

• WWFC 0 Barton 1

• Scenes at Lane End currently as play is halted so the large bodger mascot can take his head off and put a bib on.apparantly he was confusing the man with the flag.you couldn't make this up.

• @marlowchair That sounds incredible. So who was the mystery person in the suit after all these years? My money is on Gavin Grant...

• @marlowchair Buy you a pint if you write a short article about this for The Wanderer. Photographic evidence would get you a bag of scratchies thrown in for good measure.

• Really important match here today and good to see a few more supporters here to support the girls.Hudson and Bagshaw leading us around the park well and we look a far better side then previous weeks

• Any idea if games are videoed and if highlights are available anywhere? I'll hopefully see the game at Oxford City at the end of the month .

• Just home after a genuinely enjoyable match , decent upset by the quarters today

• Upset?

• MK City are in the league above our Ladies, @micra. It was a cup game (and a great result!).

• What was the result?

• Thanks for that @Wig_and_pen. All is now clear. Cloudy to clear.

• Apologies for little pee.

• edited October 2017

That's what happens when you get older @micra . Problems starts when it gets a little bit bigger
    Thanks @Wig_and_Pen . The chat suggested a win but I couldn't see it actually mentioned

• If only it would. Oh, sorry, I see what you mean.

• So sorry Micra remiss of me to not say the score!

• @marlowchair said:
    So sorry Micra remiss of me to not say the score!

More a case of not having a clue what "decent upset by the quarters" meant!

• 6-0 win for the ladies today.

• A really successful open training last week saw us find some decent new prospects and with added support from the board this can really be a big year of growth for our ladies program . Good interest from strong teams nearby including Marlow

• Good to hear @marlowchair. Hopefully before too long they can play their home games at AP.

• That’s the ultimate dream of course but full appreciate the quality of our pitch is a result of good management of its use too