Skip to content

15 mins till the first signing

2»

Comments

• @Malone I don't remember it happening quite like that - to start with wasn't it about getting him game time as he recovered from injury and by the time he came back (didn't he have a game for us in January?) Blackman was very securely ensconced. I don't think it was ever a lack of confidence in Brown that saw him spend time at Cheltenham.

• edited August 2017

It depends if you believe he was always going to be first choice, then got injured forcing our hand.

Or he was cheap cover as a backup, while we looked for a quality Premier league youngster loanee.

I just suspect the second personally. But we'll never really know.

Just like we'll never really know if Hayes was being "groomed" for the big job, but he simply couldn't last long enough to exist as a player for us for it to be a prospect.

It's quite interesting how things change. For a long while, with that Hayes-Thommo front combo, most of us thought Thommo was the weak part. Now, it's pretty much turned on his head, as Thommo barely missed a game, whereas Hayes barely played one for seemingly as far back as you can remember.

• There's little doubt that it is the former of the two in Brown's case.

• @malone I think the circumstances around Brown were a bit different last season. We signed him as number 1, no doubt, he got crooked in the first game and we won the loan lottery with Jamal. Trouble is the cost of the loan was guaranteed first teem football leaving Brown out in the cold. The loan to Cheltenham therefore suited all parties.

• Remember the chap from villa, can't remember his name he was quality I thought we were go to sign him

• Cant remember his name @bigred87 but didn't he move off to Austria/Germany?

• @LX1
    You just want Eze to be succesful, so that we can bang out this Shamen classic.
    Could go viral if we have 8 year old's in the family standing singing this in Mr C stylee !!

• we never had anybody good from Villa, remember Neil Davis the striker who could never score

• Benjamin Siegrist

• Now playing for the Leichtensteiner club Vaduz in the Swiss league.

• edited August 2017

@ChasHarps Are you sure you won't want to burst into a rendition of "She's an Eze Lover" by you know who?

• @ChasHarps - you'll probably know this - or anyone else. Name any other Wycombe player who had a surname beginning and ending in E. I can think of at least one.

• edited August 2017

whoops !

• That's the guy he looked superb for us shame we couldn't sign him

• he looked superb ? he has 1 game and made a mistake in that.

• @ChasHarps Correct. 2nd choice goalie, 1971-72 season.

That's the only one I can think of.

• Pretty sure he had more than one game

• According to wiki it was one game, but I'm pretty sure he played a few more than that in my mind he came in and played last few games........who was our other keeper at the time?

• I believe Siegrist made only one appearance: last home match of 2015/16; 0 - 1 loss to Accrington Stanley. The preferred 'keeper at the time was Ryan Allsop.

• Ryan Allsop who I think was the better of the two. Currently on loan at Blackpool.