Skip to content

Another new manager

124»

Comments

• Somebody ambling about the front of the stand with a cold box of drinks would do good business I would venture.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Somebody ambling about the front of the stand with a cold box of drinks would do good business I would venture.

That's a good idea, sort of a fridge trolley on wheels in the bottom corners of each stand? Now that's something I would be prepared to gravitate to during the game and spend money on. Can still see the match albeit in part and obtain a drink. Sure it would work in winter months with soup/coffee. As long as it's not the paint stripper currently on offer?

• @DevC said:
    You will note Mooney that what I said was that improved food and drink on match days is unlikely to make a MATERIAL difference to bottom line.

In my admittedly rare visits to AP, I see no real difference between our offering and the vast majority of others (although I had to miss FGR). Hardly surprising they all suffer the same problems - large number of people very short windows to deliver it.

I rather agree with Eric's point above about not buying food from football grounds.

Are you suggesting palace have a great food offering?

• @LX1 said:

It's kept Her Majesty going quite well I understand?

• You've obviously never been inside

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@LX1 said:

It's kept Her Majesty going quite well I understand?

And the Corgis.

• @LX1 said:
    You've obviously never been inside

The palace or her majesty?

• This thread has certainly taken a very strange turn.

• Or, Strangeways even? I'll get my coat.