Skip to content

Forest Green Rovers - Score Prediction

Looking at the stats for both teams it should be a goal fest! So I am going with 4-2, Akinfenwa for two with CMS and Jacobsen finishing off a comical own goal and a wonder strike from the Vegans. 2-1 ht score and us always ahead. Any counters?

Comments

• 1-0 Wycombe, Akinfenwa

• edited August 2017

Wycombe 8 (Akinfenwa 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29) - Forest Green 7 (O'Nien og 45, 47, 49, 51 El Abd og 46, 48, 50)

Having not played against Bayo before and being thus underprepared, he scores from the first eight hopeful punts into their box, ie. Wycombe's first eight possessions. He is sent off after the eighth for fighting when the last goal celebration is mistimed. Stewart goes off injured at the same time with a broken jaw and Gape with shattered ribs.

O'Nien and El Abd engage in one-upmanship over who can score the most physically improbable own goal. Brown assists both by wearing clown hands decorated in bright colours designed by Barry Richardson so that gestures of exasperation and apology (mostly the latter) can be clearly seen by his defenders and the crowd.

Their chairman goes for the referee after the game and has to be kept away by stewards using Bovril spray specially created for the day.

JJ signs for Forest Green after the match, having found his spiritual home.

• Possibly a tad (how I hate that word) OTT@HCblue but general drift entirely plausible (how I love that word).

• @HCblue said:

Their chairman goes for the referee after the game and has to be kept away by stewards using Bovril spray specially created for the day.

JJ signs for Forest Green after the match, having found his spiritual home.

You may have something here. Could the spray be introduced into the away dressing room air con pre match to induce faint nausea and a general sense of unease? Similar symptoms are experienced by many home supporters watching our defence at present.

• 3 - 0 up at half time Akinfenwa, CSM and JJ free kick. Vegan fight back...3-2. Brown saves last minute penalty. Police arrest Facebook.

• These thread is fun. Thanks to those who started them.

I tried 6 - 1 against Notts County and that didn't quite work out properly, so here is a much more realistic prediction with proper consideration being given to how many we will concede.

They get a free kick from the kick off and score from it. I can't tell you how it will happen because it will be up the other end.
    Nobody leaves early.
    3 - 1 at half time - Akinfenwa (10), (22) and (33).
    The Adams Park faithful are full of our standard unease (credit to @Manboobs mixture of anticipation and trepidation - although the only other time our goal looked threatened was in the 45 minute when El Abd was booked for pushing just outside the area during a free kick of theirs from 40m out. Brown made a wonder save from that free kick.

2nd half (48) there is an obvious ball to El Abd's hand incident just inside our penalty area.
    They score from the penalty and we are down to 10.
    Nobody leaves early. We sing "The referee is a Vegan" and there is a debate about it on here afterwards with 87 posts but only 2 from @DevC
    Ainsworth makes the inspired substitution of Jombati for Akinfenwa to protect the lead.
    Three people leave.
    The defence holds out until the 66th minute when we have our first attack of the half. O'Nien wins a kick just outside the area and Jombati curls it in.
    Sido adds a fifth in the 75th with a header from a JJ corner.
    From a Stewart long ball on 90 +2, which may or may not have been aiming for touch, Freeman makes a run at the defence, has one man to beat sees Sido on his right, slides him an inch perfect pass. Instead of shooting Sido beats the keeper and taps it in.

6 - 2 to the Wanderers.

The only thing I am not sure about is that only 3 people leave when Akinfenwa is substituted.

• Sorry. Match postponed after the Thames Valley Police close the ground after the entire crowd (63) get involved in a mass brawl on the pitch after a last minute equaliser (4-4) by Bristol Rovers on Tuesday

• Good thinking @Manboobs could we not move the burger bar to just outside the FGR changing room. A good waft of bacon odour is enough to put most men off their concentration and leave them like drooling dogs en route to the pitch.