Skip to content

Comments

• Based on the highlights I saw from their match against Norwich on Saturday, if Fulham were to play their first team on Tuesday there is a strong chance they would absolutely hammer us. I hope they make a few changes.

• Fulham have got much more important fish to fry and I would be very surprised to see many of their team that started against Norwich.

• I'll take giving the rest of the squad a run-out tomorrow. If there are a few goals at each end, I'll be happy. Too early in the season to knacker the first XI out.

• I'd like to think that the opportunity will be taken tomorrow to ring the changes, not just the personnel but the shape and tactics as well. Fulham, however they line up, will be light years apart from Lincoln. They will play football (a welcome prospect) and I hope to see Wycombe doing likewise.

Maybe, just maybe, 4-3-3 will be abandoned for the night. If Anthony Stewart is available, I'd like to see Harriman pushed forward and Sido at right back. Alternatively, Müller at centre back although some might argue that that would leave us short of pace.

It would appear that, for whatever reason, PCH is not a happy bunny at present. An outing tomorrow on the left of midfield would be an opportunity for him to show what he can do. Then it's two from three for the central midfield. Or, if you want to be radical, give Danny Rowe and Nick Freeman (with their added height) an opportunity.

Finally, I'd give Bayo the night off. He'll probably revert to what he did for the whole of his last season with AFC and be saved for a short "cameo" appearance from the bench.

Almost forgot. Tyson and Southwell up front.

• edited August 2017

I'd just like to see us try and play it on the deck. Same old complaint really.

If we get caught out trying to be too clever at the back so be it. At least we gave it a go. Our best attack Saturday which led to the free kick came from some slick, short passing on our excellent playing surface.

• Absolutely agree @bill_stickers. Behind my suggestions above was that very thought . I wouldn't even mind if we lost - but not too heavily! I like to think that, win or lose, there would be far more magic moments like the one you mention above.

• I was at Fulham v Norwich on Saturday. Fulham very impressive. I suspect they will play Kamara from the start and if they do expect he will single handedly destroy our defence.

• Sounds like a non-partisan comment from a Wycombe fan! Who is this Kamara character?

• He's that "unbelievable" chap micra!

• The outcome of this game already feels a bit predictable to me. I'm expecting two of Hayes, Freeman or PCH to come in and that we will get the ball on the ground a lot more. Will probably be a very different game to Saturday and more pleasing on the eye. We'll get beaten by a single goal, everyone will come away feeling optimistic that we might play more of the same passing football in the League. And then against Port Vale we'll revert to the normal direct game.

• GA often seems to be happier playing more actual football in cup games, so here's hoping. I've got a feeling we might nick it, but @Glenactico's prediction is probably spot on.

• @Glenactico's post is like life as a Wycombe fan summed up by Yeats.

• Tread softly...

• My feelings exactly @Glenactico.

• @HCblue yes I'm going to Port Vale and don't want to be applauding them off like I did at Exeter last season. Let's see the second string tomorrow evening.

• Important travel info for #Chairboys & @FulhamFC fans; John Hall Way is closed from 7pm tonight, which may cause delays from Handy Cross.

• @Onlooker said:
    HCblue yes I'm going to Port Vale and don't want to be applauding them off like I did at Exeter last season. Let's see the second string tomorrow evening.

Is it me? Not sure what's wrong with applauding them off.

• Were you at Exeter last season @micra ?

• @Onlooker said:
    Were you at Exeter last season micra ?

No, I wasn't and it must have been a dispiriting experience but my question remains valid. Perhaps you mean that you were applauding them off against your better judgment?

• I always applaud the team off. It was indeed a very dispiriting experience with heads dropped all round on a very wet night so soon after the disappointment of the previous Saturday when everyone had given their all. Suffice to say that my fears that a similar fate would befall us on Saturday have been alleviated.

• I was at Exeter. I didn't see it as any more dispiriting than any other defeat on a foul night. They tried hard, they were clearly knackered. The other team were better. Despite that we were only 3-2 down until deep into injury time.

• The fact that it had taken me four hours to get there didn't help either. The point was the team had given their all in a game that we hadn't won and this had a knock on effect the following Tuesday.