Skip to content

I hate to bang on.....

2»

Comments

• I meant "only a couple of the Luton team had played in midweek".

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Did anyone see Watford v Arsenal at Vicarage Road a few weeks ago? Watford - yellow and black as per usual. Arsenal - black and yellow. Looked ridiculous on TV - a colour clash if ever there was one. Would have been no clash if Arsenal had worn red.

That was the most absurd kit clash I've ever seen. The commentators a couple of times referred to arsenal's kit as "blue and yellow", presumably a Jedi mind trick to help us.

Didn't work.

• The best kit we have done for donkey's years was the Samsung/FIFA14 one.

Good sponsors (at least aesthetically even if the deal was that farcical Be a Pro Nathans Evans debacle). Simple design. Nice material.

• You'll never get a vote for the kit as that would stop teasers and trailers on social media (which is one of the key concerns of running a football club these days).

• Light Blue Shirts and Socks, Navy Blue Shorts.
    Keith Seale and Badger up front just the job.

• It'd have to be a partridge rather than a badger methinks.

• @micra said:
    The overriding consideration these days has to be sales. I agree with the person who said that the majority of sales are for youngsters. They want a shirt that is distinctively different to the previous version, I expect.

I don't much care about the design so long as the overall appearance is unmistakably Wycombe Wanderers; like so many, I am more concerned about performances and results. The ongoing debate about the latter (particularly the style of performance) seems to have finally been getting through to management and players. In both the last two games, the style has been much closer to what fans have been calling for but it is much more difficult to adapt to change against potential champions than against a team which may not have been strongly motivated (even though 7 of them had played in the draw at Coventry three days earlier). I think only a couple of the Luton team had played three days earlier. The only way is up??

• Welcome aboard @carlos. I'm afraid you'll have to watch out for my fiendish typo spotting.

• Sorry typo Badger.

• I thought you might be going to comment on the long quote above @carlos.

• Good to see our apprentice scheme is bearing fruit
    http://ruthbadger.com/

• @carlos said:
    Light Blue Shirts and Socks, Navy Blue Shorts.
    Keith Seale and Badger up front just the job.

It gets better. I missed the seal!

• Quite a menagerie.

• Not sure that's quite in the spirit of my intended bonhomie @DevC .

• edited September 2016

Yeah but I think it should be highlighted at every opportunity.

Interestingly (well vaguely) in view of your earlier post, Scott Partridge and David Seal used to play upfront together for Bristol City back in the 90s. perhaps Carlos is getting confused.

As he is of course about our record Goalscorer, the appropriately named for this thread (latterly, oops seems to have gone offtopic again), Tony Horseman, whose nickname of course was Bodger not Badger. Important to make the distinction these days, I feel, wouldn't want our Tory Government to have him culled.

• I think that's quite enough culling for one day, @DevC . And, yes, I am familiar with Mr Horseman. I was witness to several hundred of his goals. Doesn't that sound incredible now.

• I'm a member of the Seal Cub Clubbing Club.

• Bodger wore a badger badge.

• anyway ... back to the kit. Whatever you think of the design, Wycombe Wanderers' colours are Oxford and Cambridge blue. The light blue colour on the current kit, whether people like it or not, is Cambridge blue. It isn't most years, but it is this year.

• What about the dark blue though frank old son?

• The Cambridge University official colour style guide defines Cambridge Blue as Pantone 557; with RGB values of R 163, G 193, B 173. This colour is actually a medium tone of spring green
    From Wikipedia describing Cambridge blue. I personally like the new kit. We should be more concerned about results at the moment. I wouldn't care if we were playing in skins as long as we are getting points

• The problem with that, is that the rowing blue is different to traditional Cambridge blue. It got changed to the sickly green.

• For reference, Cambridge University actually provides a useful colour palette page - https://www.cam.ac.uk/brand-resources/guidelines/typography-and-colour/colour-palette . The one that's actually blue on there (in the light palette) is the one most people associate with Cambridge as it's the one used in their brand identity. The one that's green on there is the "sporting blue" as used by the rowers and the egg chasers. Here's your full history of the sporting blue:

https://www.hawksclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/origins_of_the_cambridge_blue.pdf

So, the short version of this, is that the "correct" light blue for a Wycombe shirt is Pantone 284, which is RGB 108, 172, 228 or hex #6cace4

However, whoever made the graphic for the Cambridge University website wasn't very careful with their colour reproduction. So here, definitively, is the correct blue (assuming you have a properly calibrated screen with a 2.2 gamma and a D65 white point, quartered with the correct Oxford blue (hex #002147)...

• Side note, these are not the colours used in the header of this site, because those are matched to the colours of the club's own press kit badge graphic. I'd rather use these, correct colours, but then the club badge in the header would look weird.

• Confused, Widmer End here @drcongo.
    For the life of me I can’t find the club badge in the Gasroom 2 header.