Skip to content

New signing alert

Comments

• It would make the kids on the Facebook group happy at least.

• It would make me happy.

• Perhaps he's the new keeper. If he gets any bigger he'll fill the goal.

• Doubt we could afford his wages.

• Maybe he drives real slow

• Probably takes him that long to get out the car.

• He could live in Warrington?

• Surely Akinfenwa can't get a league club. Certainly not one that saw him play last season.

• Blackpool or Grimsby

• @drcongo said:
    Surely Akinfenwa can't get a league club. Certainly not one that saw him play last season.

I would say he could get a league club very easily I watched kids from our family stand queuing up to get his autograph/picture

• you'll have your autograph books out tomorrow ;-)

• Last autograph I queued to get was James Hunt

• Mine was Geoff Capes at Superstars on the Rye.

• Dear Mr @drcongo , if it was the event around about 1976/77, it wasn't Superstars.
    I was pushed around in a wheel barrow by Mr Capes, alongside Donna Hartley and Sonya Lannaman.
    I remember Alan Pascoe also being there,

• Lol @drcongo snap!

• That thing on the Rye was called Star Games. ITV's It's a knockout rip-off, presented by Michael Aspel.

• Star Games! That's the one!

• I met Kenny Lynch in a ncp car park once and he's not the cheery chap he'd like us to believe especially after I misjudged how far I could open my car door next to his jag.

• Surely it won't be Kevin Nolan, Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Malone ?

• The Star Games, was late 70's early 80's. I saw David Essex keep goal wearing white pianio gloves.
    The event i mentioned earlier was a one off event, not covered by tv. I was in the 'Desboro Demon's' team !!

• I also remember a one-off event on the Rye with Alan Pascoe as the star attraction.

He'd just achieved something that made him a current celebrity in the eyes of the public (in the days of TV and Daily Papers only (no internet).

Looking at Wikipedia he won silver at the Olympics in 72 and Gold at the Commonwealth Games in 74 so I reckon it was around that time.

• Seems like no new signings announced today??

• Probably because the launch do hasn't even started yet.

• @Vital Alan Pascoe was there that day , I would say about 1976. Interesting a long time Wycombe fan often used to what we called his 'Pascoe's (shorts) to away games during the good weather. These rather tight number came complete with red and blue stripes. He is still bitter about their mysterious disappearences and still vows revenge if the criminal is found.

• Saw on Twitter a transfer rumour thread that we had won the 'race' to sign cult hero Akinfenwa

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Saw on Twitter a transfer rumour thread that we had won the 'race' to sign cult hero Akinfenwa

God I hope not!! Has zero pace or skills....just a 200kg lump!

• In fairness, he was part of a promotion winning side. But it's a tediously obvious link and backwards signing

• @prufrock_91 The twitter account you mention 'The Football Pyramid' only has 114 followers so there's still hope that this is all nonsense,

Akinfenwa is 34 and with Thompson 36 in November and Hayes 33 in September, it would be an unfathomable signing.

• I love Gareth Ainsworth, but it would make me seriously question his judgment

I'm fairly confident it is all bollocks