Skip to content

Comments

• I would rather we used any money we have on at least one striker and an attacking midfielder.

• I'm not sure how we expect to get a player who's wanted by Orient, who will wave megabucks at him.

• Maybe seeing as he's already 'snubbed' them once and Orient is a complete mad house we might be in with a shout. Sounds like it might need a transfer fee though.

• @robin said:
    I would rather we used any money we have on at least one striker and an attacking midfielder.

You won't be saying that when Pierre leaves.

• no chance.....we will offer peanuts.

• @Wwfc2015 before a ball is kicked you're just seeing rubbish aintcha? Get your five year old to support someone else matey. It will be better for your health.

• Sounds like he IS an attacking midfielder, given that he scored 9 goals last season, albeit in the National League. 6'4" so could be in the Murphy mould.

• Defender by the sound of it - I was misremembering (!) what someone had posted previously and information on line is extremely skimpy. It seems he chose Dover ahead of Leyton O largely because he wanted regular football and he rated the Dover manager very highly (Chris Kinnear?)

• Chris Kinnear has been a very successful non-league manager for a number of teams in Kent, and Wycombe could do much worse if we have to choose a replacement for Ainsworth. Although I doubt Kinnear could be tempted to take a full-time role.

• yes well maybe he will do where run like non league team these days with a budget to match

• If you mean we rely on volunteers that have the best interests of the club at heart and we aren't owned (anymore ) by someone who will sink us in debt then walk away then yes we are, great ain't it .

• I presume the Chris Kinnear being our manager should GA leave was a joke. If not you need your head examined !!!

• He just took Dover into the playoffs one division below ours. He's a consistently successful manager with a record of achievement with limited resources. I think he'd do very well here.

• big difference managing part time which is all he has ever done, he is also 60 odd and wouldn't be suitable for WWFC at all, GA won't be going anywhere anyway as Blackburn have now appointed Owen Coyle and Port Vale won't accept the turgid fare GA would serve up so we will be stuck with him, I would love Ian Holloway to come to WWFC should he leave but that seems very unlikely until he can improve his style of play and that means attack with some purpose and pace and score some goals, all well and good keeping it tight at the back but we need more going forward desperately.

I have no renewed my season ticket yet regardless of price as we have made no signings and Pierre has not accepted the offer made to him so going to hold on and see if we make any strides in the transfer market.

• No doubt @rmjlondon, having emerged from a period of quiet contemplation, has done greater due diligence on Chris Kinnear than you, Chris. He knows best.

• Thanks for letting us know @rmjlondon .
    I'm sure the club will be acting fast to secure your support for next season.

• Chris has far too much to say on here in many peoples opinion not just mine !!!!

• Pretty sure rmjlondon suggested Alan Devonshire before? When has he managed full time

• not managing full time wasn't my objection in the main, more his age and Alan Devonshire is a different kettle of fish entirely, the man has played at the highest level and is a terrific man who would have done a very good job at a league club but sadly he doesn't have the ambition to do so, he also doesn't like travelling hence being back at Maidenhead which is a club close to his heart and one he hopes to get promoted next season.

• Sounds ideal.

• Devonshire is 60 and Kinnear 61 so you're right @rmjlondon - age is very much a factor.

• ZING!

• drcongo your a W

• wonder?

• I thought Wycombe already had a part time manager with accounting taking main stage.

• We all know drcongo is a Wanderer rmjlondon, can you tell us anymore about him?

• looks like we will struggle to even field a team in the new season

• On June 3rd that's the only possible way of looking at it @trevor . Thanks for dampening down our expectations for a signing or two to get us to 11 players.

• Jesus wept. The saps of the Gasroom are out today in a united front - Trevor, BrittanyWanderer, RMJ and WWFC all droning on about how terrible it is supporting Wycombe.