Skip to content

GA: signing quality over quantity

2»

Comments

• Err just for the record 'not guilty' is precisely the same as 'innocent'

But not intended as a serious suggestion. Let's leave it there

• Was going to wait until we had a little more certainty as to where we will be playing next year (although I guess we all already know really!) to look at the contracts position, but this thread has prompted me to do so now. Far as I can tell (with ages in brackets):

Contract expiring 30.06.2016
    Alex Lynch (21)
    Ryan Sellers (21)
    Marcus Bean (31)
    Luke O'Nein (21)
    Sam Wood (29)
    Max Kretzschmar (22)
    Matt Bloomfield (32)
    Paul Hayes (32)
    Gozie Ugwu (28)

Contract expiring 30.06.2017
    Anthony Stewart (23)
    Aaron Pierre (23)
    Stephen McGinn (27)
    Gary Thompson (35)

Contract expiring 30.06.2018
    Danny Rowe (20)
    Joe Jacobson (29)
    Sido Jombati (28)

Contract expiring 30.06.2019
    Michael Harriman (23)

Loan Players
    Jason McCarthy (20) Southampton contract to 30.06.2017
    Jerell Sellars (20) Aston Villa contract to 31.05.2016
    Rowan Liburd (23) Reading contract to 31.05.2016 apparently
    Paris Cowan-Hall (26) Millwall contract to 30.06.2017
    Ryan Allsop (23) Bournemouth contract to 30.06.2016 apparently
    Ben Siegrist (24) Aston Villa contract to 30.06.2016

• If it boils down to a choice between Bean and Bloomfield as some are suggesting then it's really no choice at all is it?

• Ugwu is not 28

• @Glenactico oops, apologies he is 22

• edited April 2016

@DevC they aren't at all the same thing. Not guilty means there wasn't enough evidence to convict, or there was reasonable doubt. Being Innocent is a completely different thing.

Just ask our man OJ Simpson

• No, Dev C is 100% correct about this. He is as innocent as you or I. That's how it works

• But as others have said, he's still got a trial to come and I doubt anyone will touch him with a barge pole until that's done.

I'd also argue that enough emerged about his conduct, unchallenged in court, to name signing him an absolutely appalling prospect. But that's a different argument

• There is a distinction between 'really' being innocent or guilty and having been found innocent or guilty of course. But I believe we've been over all this before on the original Gasroom

• Not really a thread here you seem to be getting confused with Scottish Law that allows Not Proven. So Mr Evans is at this moment innocent. He's guilty of being a c@nt but that's my personal opinion

• That's my argument Chris, and it's simple logic.

And Eric, agree 100%. The guy is at best an odious sleazebag, the likes of which I wouldn't want anywhere near the club. The attempt to "profiteer" from the situation by getting a quality player for chicken feed wages really is a sickening idea. And would make us no better than the "tolerate anything" other clubs like Liverpool with Suarez.

• Agreed Evans is currently legally classified as innocent, BUT he has another trial to face. Any club would be mad to give a contract to a player with that type of charge hanging over them.

• he may be innocent, he may not. For now, though, he is presumed innocent.

• That's poor even for you Dev, but I suspect you're very aware that being declared "not guilty" is very different to being "Innocent".

I don't think he's been declared "not guilty" though has he. It's been deemed a mistrial. So technically, as much as I hate to admit it, @DevC is more correct that you as our justice system demands innocent until proven guilty.

• I suggest we give him a wide berth and talking of which 33 years ago Mrs Akinfenwa gave the world a bouncing baby boy .

• Wahay I got the klaxon :)

• Personally, whatever the outcome of a retrial, I would be very disappointed if Ched came anywhere near WWFC as, not unlike a certain Mr Johnson, I am not convinced he, his mates and his social media warriors even think he did anything wrong at all!

• whether he's guilty by technicality of the big offence, it doesn't change that his behaviour that night was disgustingly sleazy.

Or maybe I'm just from the wrong generation.

• agreed Malone. When you look at the facts of the case that he admitted, I am amazed his girlfriend and her rich dad see him as a 'keeper'. Much the same as Sunderland's finest admitting grooming a child for sex and yet he, his family and friends think he's been treated harshly! Must be an age thing...

• from the amount of our "yoof" on the FB page who were instantly leaping on the "sign Ched" bandwagon, it definitely is

• Going to be interesting this summer for sure, especially with the new loanees rule. If my eyes serve me well I believe when the transfer window opens up, if you take a loanee/s it's for duration of 5 months.

As for Ched, what I read was the lady was able to use one of the guys mobile to login into her Facebook account and FB chat with friends, who all for some reason deleted their FB conversations, which Ched's legal team where trying to obtain, to prove she wasn't that drunk to use somebody else's mobile and punch in the password.

Nevertheless Ched's behaviour was predatory to say the least. So I do wonder if Ched's legal team, finally got access to the Facebook conversation on said night and day after?