Skip to content

Huge game for Marlow on Wednesday (May 1st)

This coming Wednesday Marlow have a huge play-off semi-final when they entertain Westfield at the Alfred Davis Memorial Ground. In the other semi-final Leatherhead entertain Southall. Both matches start at 7.45pm.

Should Marlow win their semi-final they will host the final against Leatherhead or Southall as Marlow finished in a higher league position than the other 3 clubs.

Comments

• Does this take into account the abandoned game between Southall and Chipstead yesterday?

The game was abandoned at half time with Southall leading 2-0 apparently due to alleged racist comments by Southall fans towards some of the Chipstead players which resulted in Chipstead refusing to take the field for the second half

although Chipstead are relegated whether the result stands or not the abandonment yesterday potentially affects the play off places meaning I believe that Marlow could either face Southall or Leatherhead depending on what the league decide. If this matter has been resolved this morning then I stand corrected.

• Marlow v Westfield

Leatherhead v Southall

• Marlow 3 Westfield 2 (aet) Att: 614

Leatherhead 1 Southall 1 (aet) Att: 1,053

Sunday: Marlow v Leatherhead in the final

• ko Sunday is 3pm

• Seen this video from the Marlow match before.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1785765326572978358

The ref has responded today and basically said he never made him retake it as he told the linesman to buzz him and not raise his flag, madness.

• edited May 2

That's crazy and even if it didn't follow the referee's pre-match instructions, he should still have applied law. At least that mistake didn't cost Marlow and it should be a good game on Sunday!